OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

That's the exact same thing I wanted! It would have been a great way to bring back so many fan favorites pre-1985, as well as Cassie since Jenny was her stepmother. It seems Viki won't be getting her own big leading story before the show ends, but her supporting story with Clint has been good.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You know, I'm not saying Ellen Holly's criticisms about the show weren't and aren't legitimate, but it seems to me, from my own experience, that some minorities have such a proverbial chip on their shoulders about race that they make it impossible for others to embrace them or spend inordinate amounts of time with them.

• Members

I agree Khan. I love Ellen Holly's work and would love to see Carla back in Llanview and it would be easy to fit her in as a judge or the new DA and her ties to the Buchanans but between her book and attitude it would never happen. It seems to be the same with Victoria Rowell and as it turns out, the two seem to be friends.

• Members

OK I'm confused. Carla made an appearance on OLTL in 2000??? This is from Wikipedia under Carla Gray:

In September 1985, Carla accepted a job in Arizona similar to what she was doing in Llanview. She left with her mother Sadie and moved to Arizona. Soon after Ed and their son Josh, left town and moved to Arizona to be with them. Sadie died off-screen in the 1990s - but Carla, Ed and Josh came back to Llanview after Ed and Carla's grandson (Josh's son), Jared Hall (Herve Clermont) came to town and fell in love with Rachel Gannon in 2000.

Now I do remember Ed coming for Jared's trial and quickly disappearing as Jared did, but not Carla...

• Members

I kind of remember that...

According to Wikipedia:

In 2000, the Hall family made a brief resurgence on OLTL. Jared Hall, purportedly Ed and Carla's "grandson" (presumably by Josh), debuted on the show as a young ADA like his grandmother. Jared was played by actor Herve Clermont. A friend of attorney Sam Rappaport, Jared had a checkered past in his law school days, and faced review by the Pennsylvania bar. Sam represented Jared, and called his grandfather, Ed Hall, to the stand to testify on his grandson's behalf. Ed helped Jared escape being disbarred and promptly disappeared from the show again. Jared would follow later in the year, after a fizzled flirtation with Nora Buchanan's daughter Rachel. To date, the Halls have not reappeared.

• Members

My two favorite Llanview ladies together! smile.png It would've been great to see these two become friends later on, given their histories with Max and differing opinions on Tina, lol. Blair's line about Al, though, is very sad in retrospect sad.png . Not to mention how many crises Gabby had with babies over the years (Al, the baby switch, and this. Good grief.)

Edited by MissLlanviewPA