AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ruth Warrick SOD column which went along with the masquerade party.

http://boards.soapop...942#entry910942

Earlier I said Nancy Frangione was playing Tara at this time. Actually it's Mary Lynn Blanks. I guess Nancy wasn't in the role very long at all, a year and some change - yet she was brought back for Kate's funeral. Odd.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

So funny hearing Ruth talk about baby Joey. It was also funny seeing a teenage Tad (not played by MEK) and Charlie Brent.

What was the budget for these episodes? It was shot liked a movie.

Daisy's hair reminds me of Opal's 2011 hair.

Great seeing Lorraine Broderick in the credits as script supervisor.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

I had a question about some of the 1995 anniversary episodes.

Towards the very end of this, the black woman in the purple dress who gives a photo to Ruth and Joe - is that Pat Baxter? Was this her last appearance?

The black woman in this episode, who doesn't have any dialogue but is seen going outside, running with the kids, etc. did someone say that was Nancy Grant? If so, she looks great, it's a shame she wasn't used more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MPdaQAFrAw

The man in the early scenes in this episode, joking about Phoebe the chaperone, is that Charles Frank as Jeff?

Obviously he'd aged, and had aged even more by 2005, but I wish the show had brought him back as Jeff instead of bringing in John James. Frank, even here, has a natural charisma.

Someone really did a number on Cecily's hair and wardrobe not too long after this. I'd love to know the backstage plans for her character at this point.

I just end up skipping the Edmund/Maria stuff in these - I never know if I never "got" them as a couple or if I just missed their best days. At least they aren't talking about babies.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Then this would be her last appearance, as the Loving stuff was 93-94.

The actors make all this reunion stuff seem so natural, I guess because it was a reunion for them. I love the way Donna says she just can't help hugging Benny, and all the laughing and joking with everyone. Yet they also include some who will never get along, like Stuart and Enid. It's so beautifully done. I think it's easy to forget at times that AMC did have this big heart, it's just that the last decade didn't always show that (although I guess that lived on through Bianca, at least for a while).

• Members

I was trying to remember - did Tad and Jesse still have a close friendship at the end of AMC?

I'd love to know why Angie wasn't in the anniversary episodes (aside from clips) - I wonder if they just didn't see a point, or if she still wasn't returning to AMC at that point because of the circumstances in which she left (and they still had the same producer at that time).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yes, hence my "had been". wink.png Sorry for my awkward wording. The long hair took years off of her look, she looked too young to be Angie's mom.

I totally took for granted how wonderful this 25th anniversary was. I've only watched a handful of soaps over the years, but I don't think this week of episodes can be touched. SO many returns and nothing is done halfway or cheap, just great...

• Members

The scenes where Pat remembers Angie/Jesse - her acting is so good. I wish we had seen her again.

It was very interesting the way Tad goaded Enid about never hearing from Greg. I'm sorry they never brought Enid back when Greg made his 2008 return.

Did you catch that scene where Daisy hit Palmer on the back and he almost fell over. Something tells me that wasn't scripted...

I love seeing Erica trying to mingle with everyone else - like her giving Ruth a photo of herself, talking about Paul teasing her, the scene where all the women cleared out of the room and she talked about her relationships with women over the years.

• Members

LOL, Palmer takes a tumble...

I love Cecily and Brooke bonding over Pheobe.

Langley's guttural, "That's mye guhrl. THAT's mye guhrrrrrrl" is something I sometimes amuse myself with.

Donna getting back with Chuck is something I don't remember/missed. When I think of Donna, I think of her and Benny and Emily Ann in their apartment.

• Members

I don't ever know how that worked - I thought they'd brought him back for her exit, but it sounds like they got married again, he left, then she was on her own for a while until he came back.

Here's their exit (notice how Caera and Jeremy are almost extras - not too shocked they were both out not long after this)

I still don't really get the Emily Ann psycho story. It was fascinating to me to read that AMCHistory interview with Michael Brainard where he said he and Liz Vassey had no idea of the psycho storyline either, and she wasn't trying to play it that way, that they literally had no idea what was going on. Very bad writing, if you ask me, and such a waste.

That last scene in the January 5 95 episode where everyone's getting ready to stay the night, singing "Let It Snow", throwing pillows, and you see Ruth and Joe looking out their front door, it's just exquisite. I'm so glad I finally got to see this.

Edited by CarlD2