OLTL: Discussion for the week of April 11

• Members

Wishful thinking I think they are writing the fords out for RH return. This deanna chick was just brought to usher James out of town, I fear there is a big secret to be revealed. Ford on the hand the latest pairing so far with Tess sucks, now the show trying cutter and Tess. Also Ryder will be Brody"s. Ford will either be killed off or leave town. Nate I just dont care cause he's hardly on.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least those Clint/Echo scenes were well written and acted. I like those two together. I get the feeling that Clint/Viki is the endgame, but I hope that Echo is thrown into the mix for awhile.

• Members

I think the show wants us to feel that way, but I, for one, refuse to buy it. Thanks to Brian Kerwin's acting, the feelings Charlie had for Viki at the start were just too genuine.

I still believe, too, this one-eighty w/ Charlie has to be the result of someone's behind-the-scenes agenda. Like, BK pissed off someone (Frons, maybe?), and this is his (and our) punishment.

• Members

I hope not. If Charlie "STINKS of Echo," then Clint stinks of something far worse. Perhaps, if Clint Ritchie were still alive and playing Clint Buchanan, I'd be up for a Clint/Viki reunion. Now, though, I see such a reunion as being "poisonous."

• Members

What they did to Viki and Charlie was a complete hack job and assassination; nothing else like that has been done to any of Viki's husbands. It was done extremely quickly and mostly very poorly until the last week, in which Erika Slezak has given a tour de force. I loved this couple, I cherish the memories of their love story that I have from the past, and don't really see this Charlie or this storyline as the same thing at all. I'm kind of disconnected from it for my own health and I'm ready to see Viki move on - but not to Clint. I think they're both more interesting apart and either circling or in tortured conflict with each other.

Starr's character has been an absolute bore since the day she met mushmouth Cole, and James is no better. They need to turn her into a total bitch on wheels and find a man who can keep up. All they've done with her since she became a teenager is make her into a disgustingly perfect and sweet princess who I just want to punch in the face; they weakened her for jocks and simpering pretty boys like James and mumbling idiots like Cole. She should be punching other people.

• Members

I think having the baby was a mistake from day one. I mean that why she can't be like Starr she was; nasty and bitchy Starr. I miss that Starr when RH and KDP scenes. James was alright at the beginning but again once they got together sugary dialogues, and then you wonder WTF writers. I dare say KA needs a break from acting, men she was in the top characters that hogged to much airtime and it overkill she needs a break.

• Members

I think Nafessa Williams has some raw talent which could be exploited in a better story, and that Starr has gained a little spark of her old fire again being the domme/top in her relationship with James; they've got everything but a strap-on up in there. What I would do is the same thing I would do with Shane and Jack, which is eventually transition Starr and Deanna into becoming tight without the stupid James triangle. I think that would work.

• Members

Agreed with both of Vee's last points... With Charlie if they had given it even another month, I could have bought it easier. But he went from kinda feeling bad for Echo and helping her to literally it felt like he was declaring his love and plans to leave Vicki. And while I like Clint worrying about Vicki, it almost feels like they're trying to redeem him similarly way too fast--I'm guessing putting him back with Vicki, suddenly caring about SHane, etc...

• Members

I like Tomas and Blair, and I like that he's so not an Alcazar. But at the same time, beneath the boho exterior he clearly is some sort of man of intrigue. Still, it has that artistic/bohemian twist which makes it an OLTL character. I think the problem is the slowdown in the story during TSJ's...whatever.

• Members

Oh that's a good point--I kinda forgot that much of this story taking so long is due to TSJ's absence or whatever.

I never have been a GH watcher, so never saw him as Alcazar, but was a fan when he was Danny on the tale end of Loving and then all of The City--but I liked him there. I guess my main prob is the story slowdown issue--it seems like lately he pops in, sorta says something vague and they try to make us think he shot Todd again, and then leaves.

Archived