Remake TV shows you want to see...

Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

I just got through watching Are You Being Served? And, I realized they never made an American version of it like they did The Office/Steptoe and Son/Till Death Do Us Part...and thought...This show would be perfection to re-do and put on TBS or TV Land.

My dream cast for it..

Abe Vigoda=Mr. Grainger

Michael Gross=Captain Peacock

Daniel Benzali (sp? The Balkan dude)=Mr. Rumboldt

Michael E. Knight=Mr. Lucas

Tony Hale=Mr. Humphries

Kirsten Wiig=Ms. Brahms

Mindy Cohn=Mrs. Slocombe

I would be so freaking obsessed with that remake if it was done like that. I really would. It would be genius!

Any old shows that you all would like to see a remake of? And, who would you cast?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since everybody's still alive, I'd like to see a Mama's Family reunion as a TV Land special written by Golden Girls writers. That show could have been brilliant in those writers' hands.

I'd also like to see the same for Good Times (not GG writers, just GOOD ones a la the first seasons).

• Members

Re: "Good Times" ~ This might be a bit too soapy, but I'd like to see a reunion where the kids - J.J. (Jimmie Walker), Thelma (Bern Nadette Stanis) and Michael (Ralph Carter) - discover their father, James (John Amos), is still alive. (Hey, if James' own dad can come back from the dead, why not him, too, lol?)

• Members

My dream is for a modern telling of Little House on the Prairie. It'd be set in the rural town of Walnut Grove (and surrounding areas) just like the original show and have all of the same characters, but it'd be set in the present day. I'm not sure if all of the character relationships that existed in the late 1800s could exist today, though, but I'd still love to watch that.

For one, the Laura/Almanzo/Nellie triangle would last longer than two episodes, and Albert/Willie would happen as would Nels/Eliza Jane.

Archived