All: Overrated Characters

• Members

How could I forget about Billy and his stalker. As much as I might find Phyllis or Adam overrated, at least they do have some successful pairings under their belt. Billy tanked with every single woman he has been paired with, in spite of a lot of soap press hype for Bacteria. The show shoved him at people non-stop, trashed decades of history for his sake, and wrote a gimme an Emmy episode to help hide Miller's limited acting. Miller either can't or won't establish any basic connection with his scene partners, which means he's a big part in the final demise of the Abbotts.

They haven't made as much effort with Chloe, perhaps because the show stopped caring once they moved her out of Billy's bed, but the number of cringeworthy pairings she's had are pathetic, including two where the men just about literally dumped her ass out of bed. Yet this one-note and delusional bitter betty still smugs on, while Jana pays the price.

For me it was tough to ever get past the scenes of her verbally abusing Esther.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Todd Manning

Bobby Ford

James Ford

John McBain

Blair - I like her and I love KDP but in many ways Blair's so much like Todd. It's one of the reasons Todd/Blair became a "supercouple" for years

Hannah - I'll never understand why so many people liked this one dimensional psycho of the month

Eddie Ford - he was really bad camp and just as loathsome as his sons. I also despise "Dawson's Creek" actors on principle. Everything about "Dawson's Creek" was a piece of [!@#$%^&*].

Evangeline

Leanne - I loathe and despise Yasmine Bleeth characters on principle.

Talia - I never liked Beth Ann Bonner. And I never got the appeal of Talia. "Oh wow, she's sooo independent and kickass!!!" Please.

Dorian - Okay, I love her. But Robin Strasser, while a very talented actress, seems like such a diva and drama queen in real life. Some of the things I heard from her on her hotline just made me sick. So that takes away some of my Dorian/RS love.

• Members

If there is an award that is ever created for such a category, it should be named for Drake Hogestyn.

Overall, I liked Drake as John and thought he was OK in the Roman clips I've seen (Northrop was Roman and he was John when I started watching). But his acting was never good enough to merit a quarter of the attention and accolades he got. He was lucky in that he was given a supremely interesting character and a few years of good storylines.

Looking slightly to his side, I see Dee Hall.

As long as she had good writing and a good ensemble, she fits in well and can hold her own. MY GOD, though, are her last few years - save the first few months of 2008 - are awful. This is one of my top examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQcP1cVQzY. Actually, this is all-around pretty painful.

• Members

For me, ONE fan of that character is too many. I saw so many people talk about how "awesome" and "badass" he was. Just because they hated the Fords. I hate the Ford brothers even more than most people do, but their father is not any better than them. I was predisposed to despise him because he's Daddy Ford and because I loathe and despise everything about "Dawson's Creek".

People kept talking about how they got rid of the one "entertaining" Ford for months. It still makes me sick to even think about.

Archived