Joan Collins and Robert Wagner book pilot

DaytimeFan

• Members

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jim Casey, head of J&J Productions, and producing partner Kim Waltrip of WonderStar Productions announced today that in addition to their 2011 line-up of TV and feature films:

In development is a TV comedy series, "Chateau Chateau," designed for Joan Collins and Robert Wagner, based on an original story by Collins, which will be shot in Palm Springs, with a young support cast.

TV Land, Lifetime, OWN, WE, Oxygen, BRAVO and NBC (you know they're desperate)...please, pick this up.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hart to Hart meets Dynasty meets Hotel. That's what popped into my mind when I heard the title and the two stars in it. And that's probably how I would pitch it to the TV execs. :lol:

And Joan Collins and Robert Wagner in a pilot together -- talk about Six Degrees of Separation. Wagner was married to Natalie Wood who had previosuly been involved with Warren Beatty who threw her over for the coat-check girl at Morton's and later met Joan Collins with whom he had a relationship for more than a year.

• Members

Absolutely, it would be killer chemistry.

RJ and JC were also in a blink and you miss it relationship once upon a time.

The premise is that Joan and Robert each own rival hotels in Palm Springs and hilarity ensues. I think it sounds cute and I think that with some sharp writers it could be a sitcom in the vein of Empty Nest or Coach. I am all for it. Joan's best talent is comedy and I'd like to see her, at 78, finally get a shot at it!

1+a+j+and+r.jpg

• Members

Something about Robert Wagner always fascinated me. He was never a tremendous talent but he somehow got adopted into Hollywood's elite circles during the last days of the golden age and he always epitomized style and good taste. Prince Valiant needs to be seen for the haircut alone, but Wagner made what I thought was a really good movie, Broken Lance with he, Spencer Tracy, Richard Widmark and Katy Jurado. It was a melodrama that got done up in western clothes about a rough family patriarch and his feuding sons with the inheritance on the line.

Daytimefan, have you met him? What is he like?

• Members

"Cute" was the first word that came to mind, I hope this does make it, there's no reason why TV Land shouldn't give it a shot. It's got to be as funny as that new show with George Segal and Jessica Walter.

Also remember that Joan did that Hart to Hart TV movie with Robert (and her pal Stefanie Powers) in the '90s. Joan played Joan as per usual. :P

On a Joan-related note, Cat, I saw your avatar earlier and my heart dropped. I of course heard that she'd been hospitalized and I feared the worst. Thoughts and prayers to Miss Taylor!

• Members

I have met RJ and his wife, the lovely and razor sharp Jill St. John, at a charity event in LA in the late 90s (I was there as someone far better connected's date!)...he is charismatic and represents an easy kind of elegance and charm that few people are lucky enough to possess. He's a schmoozer. Jill St. John, on the other hand, is a much cooler, sharper lady. Really lovely, but more straightforward and free of BS.

I absolutely think this could be a great little show and I think it deserves at least a 13 episode order to see how it could fly!

And yes, thoughts and prayers with Miss Taylor.

• Members

I am so sorry if I made you stressed! I, too, heard about Elizabeth Taylor's hospitalization and decided to change avatars as a kind of "wish you well" to her. Not that I know her or anything, but I hope she makes it through this latest health scare. Plus I love the way the light hits her face and eyes in that photo.

What I like about the sound of this pilot as how straightforward and linear it sounds. It is not a Lost/24 rip-off, not a CSI rip-off, nor a Gossip Girl ripoff. It is pure TV that seeks to entertain and not pretend it is anything it isn't. I love that it has a comedic element, too. I mean, let's face it, Hart to Hart was pretty much a comedy with some suspense thrown in. And who better to toss a caustic aside than Miss Joan Collins? This sounds like the kind of show Aaron Spelling would have brokered. Sunday 8pm slot (the slot Murder She Wrote used to own way back in the day) with an appeal to all ages.

• Members

Cat, I love what you said, and no sweat re: ET. ;) I read last night that her condition has been blown out of proportion, but I don't know if that's just her friends doing damage control. You're right, she's absolutely beautiful in that photo, the way the light touches her face and those eyes.

Funny, I didn't think of The Golden Palace but I did think of Bea's failed series Amanda's. Unfortunately, those Fawlty Towers type sitcoms have a bad track record in America so let's hope this one has better luck.

• Members

Wow I have NO idea how I missed this thread. This sounds really really good. I absolutely adore Joan, and I would watch her in anything.

I also thought of The Golden Palace....I was in the minority on that one. I did like it. Not nearly as much as The Golden Girls though, mainly because I always really loved Bea Arthur and just thought something was lacking without her.

Anyhoo, I hope this gets picked up. I could see it on TV Land but, id rather see it on a bigger network. I could see it on NBC but I could also see it fitting into CBS' Monday Comedy lineup.

• Members

I don't know why I'm suggesting this because I live fot Cops and AMW, but it sounds like a fun Saturday night show, and how I miss the days of NBC Saturday night sitcoms. I have a hunch it would have a better chance on cable, at least on cable they'd almost certainly give us a season before pulling the plug. Well, let's just hope it gets picked up period! :)

• 3 months later...

Archived