Actors who work well with women

• Members

In recent years, as women have become an afterthought on soaps, it's become meaningless about whether or not men can play strong and emotional scenes with women. With the likes of Sheffer, Guza, and Frons, it's almost a positive if you don't bother to make an effort with women.

But this wasn't always the case.

Which actors do you think worked exceptionally well with women, not just romance or passion but also friendship, emotion, and being a good listener/supporting player to their problems?

For me Ben Hendrickson and Scott Bryce top the list (and that's probably one of the reasons they both became so popular with fans).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, Max is the same with all women. He is one-note. Yeah, I said it. He plays this... this weird sort of j*rk meet coward... Some bizarre mixture that is eventually turning into a crap character that's going down the shitter.

• Members

I forgot about David Canary! I used to like Bergman too but something changed in recent years.

I think Jordan Clarke and Robert Newman are good at this too, although I wouldn't have said that about Newman for a long time. I underrated him.

• Members

You are right, of course, yet I can't escape the feeling of how static this character ultimately ill. He just plays a pathetic, cowardly womanizer. I thought it would develop over time into something other than that, but it's just all the same. I feel as if he is a remnant of the Santer era. And I don't hate Santer as much as Carl does.

• Members

I think A Martinez has always worked very well with women. He had chemistry with all the ladies on SB, not just Marcy. Loved his bro-sis type relationship with Robin Wright's Kelly, his friendship with Nancy Grahn's Julia, his general camraderie with mother-in-law Sophia (Judith McConnell), his venom toward villainess Gina (Robin Mattson), and his protectiveness over Gina Gallego's Santana.

Some others that come to mind:

Paul Michael Valley (Ryan, AW)

Stephen Schnetzer (Cass, AW)

Eric Martsolf (moreso on DAYS than Passions)

Trent Dawson

William Grey Espy

• Members

John Ingle.

A lot of people liked the Edward/Alan relationship, and I did, too. But for me, Edward and Tracy's relationship was always the best and most real/tender. Not to mention his fun relationship with Monica and the brilliance that was Edward/Lila. Not to mention John Ingle was always great with Amber Tamblyn and Robin Christopher.

Husband, friend, dad...He's great.

Archived