Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Variety reports Dec 78 that Jaime Lyn Bauer has signed a new contract with CBS which included 'telefilms and episodic outings' as well as CBS 'to eye series possibilities'

I assume that JLB signed a 5 yr contract when she started Dec 73 and those inducements were added to get her to sign on again. But like performers before and after, very little came of it. It seems the promises made were not really followed through and the contracts vague enough that the performer had no real redress.

Do we know of any primetime roles that JLB had in that time? I know she did a Tom Selleck pilot'Boston & Killbride' and there is a TV movie'Mysterious Island of Beautiful Women' Was that CBS?

Maybe JLB was so busy with Y&R and personal stuff she didn't really pursue much?

• Members

Mysterious Island was CBS and aired Dec 01, 1979

I wonder what the contract terms were in Dec 78. If it was 3 years then she did both those shows in 1979 and was basically out all of 1980 due to her difficult pregnancy and more than two months of maternity leave, which apparently was added to the length of her contract. 

Even after she returned from maternity leave she wasn't working as much on Y&R intially. I'd say the idea of doing more work outside of Y&R wasn't as appealing as it had been prior to her pregnancy and likely nothing of value came along in 1981. 

I wonder if this was the case, meaning that contract would have come up around Feb 1982, she made it known she was planning to leave and agreed on a shorter six month stint. 

I did forget to mention. When Bill Espy left in Sep 1975 he stated in an interview he left when his contract came up. So it is possible 2.5 year deals were offered as well.

• Members

But how does that explain Beau Kazar? He stayed for 9 months past that. I wish we could get actual contract information.

My bet is on 2.5 years and JLB re-signed early, say Dec 1979 and had the two months maternity leave added. That takes us to August 1982

• Members

So just to keep everyone up to date, there's been a lot of 1995-1996 added to the Vault. @Bundy1965 added all available episodes in German and also helped me by figuring out all of the dates of a huge number of clips in English that I found on an old hard drive. And when I say clips, the clips are sometimes more than half an episode (it's over 365 clips) and about 50 hours total, so it's pretty awesome! The person who originally uploaded to YouTube mainly covered the Matt Clark/Nick and Sharon storyline ( @fivethej might be interested in that) and the Olivia/Nathan/Keesha drama (I think @yrfan1983 was looking for that) and mostly skipped the Phyllis/Danny stuff but there's a little of that too. And at least whatever is not there in English is usually there in German. 

I also added some Behind the Scenes stuff, old game shows, and Melody Thomas Scott's Intimate Portrait.

Always hoping for more contributors to the Y&R Vault or if anyone has old VHS needing to be converted, feel free to DM me.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thank you for the heads up about Matt Clark scenes  A major thank you to the person that uploaded those. It's greatly appreciated.

Those are some amazing and rare scenes!! Keep hoping the infamous Matt vs Victor confrontation at the morgue will turn up again. It was posted on Youtube some years back but the channel was taken down.