Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know this isn't the DOOL thread but I felt that Bill Bell fans, who don't go there, would get a kick out of what I did post there.

I had no idea Bill Bell had liberal ideas about gun control.

This is from a 1976 DOOL bible

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

He's on a VHS Resource FB Page. He collects VHS but I'm not sure he has any interest in soaps. It was just part of the collection. I messaged him, so hopefully we can find out what he plans to do with the tapes and if he isn't going to upload the eps, I might see who wants to pool some money and buy them off him if possible.

I can't tell if he has 200 tapes with Y&R eps on them or 200 Eps. Not sure what period but definitely 80's and possibly mid to late 1980 or he might have meant mid to late 1980's. Have to clarify. 

• Members

Update - I talked to the guy. He's holding on to them for now. Apparently other people also talked to him and he seems to know now how valuable they might be.

He told me he has at least 200 tapes and looking at the picture they were 120min - though LP or EP mode could have been used. He felt it was mid to late 80's through to mid 90's. He seem to suggest the last tape had eps from 1994 on it. He doesn't know how many episodes per tape yet. There could be 400 eps or 1000+. Depends how many on a tape. My guess would be 88 - 94 in EP mode. Just a hunch based on what he has told me. 

I told him about the One Drive and said I would be happy to help pitch in money if he wanted to digitise them and upload them. He was open to that idea. He was also looking at ebay and some exhorbitant pricing like $20 a tape. I asked him to keep in touch. Hopefully we can get our hands on these. 

• Members

Ugh! That is so not realistic. I was dealing with one of them once. They eventually negotiated to sell me a huge lot for like $2/tape which was reasonable (all unlabeled and ended up not much Y&R on it anyway). 

If this guy's mom was taping them without commercials that means she may have fit a lot of episodes on those tapes, God bless her. I'm definitely interested in donating towards this. I could also digitize the tapes if this guy doesn't want to do that. I'm going to have some free time this summer hopefully.

Edited by BoldRestless