• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not stupid at all.

I think one reason that Bill didn't go there was there was simply not enough time in a tightly focused 30 min show to pursue all those plot possibilities.

He was also wise enough to keep things simple as too much crossover meant stuff got complicated and unwieldy to write.

Look at today's show where relationships are ignored because there is so much crossover.

Weren't Abby and Lily besties at one point? You'd never know from watching now.

• Members

I honestly feel Jill would never have liked Nikki, tolerated and been nice to her, but that's all. She may have thought she was okay enough to marry Greg, but I just don't see them being friends. Jill may have been poor, but she believed she was rich and cultured. She aspired to it. I think she would have seen Nikki as a little beneath her. I actually think it made sense for Jill in 1979 to really never even try to be friends with Nikki.

A scene here or there, maybe. Brenda had chemistry with everyone, so I think both women would have made it work if they had to, but character wise I don't see it happening. 

• Members

Agree.  Like I said upthread, Jill strikes me as the type who wouldn't make friends with other women, at least not easily.  She'd have more of a kooky sidekick, like Erica had Opal, or DAYS' Anna had Calliope.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Aside from Paul, Nikki's "friends" were always mainly people she felt could propel her into the spotlight, and Jill's "friends" were mainly people who could provide her with financial security.  A friendship with Jill wouldn't have benefited Nikki's goals for stardom, and a friendship with Nikki wouldn't have furthered Jill's goals for a big house and a maid.  So they'd have just been wasting time with each other, lol.  

• Members

I will say, it seems odd if Jill didn't confront Nikki during the whole Walter Addison story. Especially when Liz got shot. Maybe there was a small interaction, but as far as I can tell I don't think there was. I know Deb Adair was in the role by that point, so maybe Bill was re-establishing Jill in her new Abbott sphere. I believe Terry Lester's first scenes involved Jack rushing Jill to the hospital (which I understand where some of Deborah's first scenes as well). Still it would have been great to have had something between them while Nikki was married to Greg. 

I also found it odd that Brenda's Jill refers to Nikki as a former stripper when she is about to go to her wedding to Victor, almost like she had never known of her before. Despite the fact Nikki was her sister-in-law. Though from a character perspective, I guess it doesn't surprise me too much. 

• Members

I think so. In one set of synopsis Jill pushes Stu to let them have the wedding at the Brooks home, in other synopsis it is Chris that requests this. 

I assume she was there though. If it was relatively small, they must have had some interaction. 

It does seem he kept it minor. Considering by 1984 Jill seems to have forgotten who Nikki is, haha.