Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The way Bill Bell played up Victoria's hatred of Ashley is fascinating to watch. She hated her, then everyone convinced her Ashley was a good person (even Nikki), Ashley gave her her own line of perfume. Victoria began accepting her. Then, her plot point friend Yvette gave her a copy of Ruthless, and she began to hate Ashley again. When she thought Ashley had said she used her wiles to get Victor and a career, that was enough to push her over the edge. Wonderful work from Heather Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsBHsSICc6U&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84yF3Ln_ek&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHIbNXrMNA

• Members

Someone wrote into SOD in the late 80's asking about an early Leanna scene where she implied something bad had happened to her brother (or that she had killed her brother). SOD said this story was dropped when Leanna became popular.

Do you know anything about this story?

• Members

Thanks again for posting this stuff Carl.

It's great that they interviewed Melissa Morgan, I know that I uploaded a few episodes from 1990 that she was on, but I wish that more episodes of her were on youtube. I wonder what she is up to now? I had no idea that she and Jack were enemies, I'm sure that was fun to watch because of how Terry Lester was.

So i'm guessing that Brad/Ashley started because they were trying to make Traci jealous?

I still don't get why Nina was such a bitch to Esther when she had Esther work for her, i want to see that scene where Katherine makes Esther feel bad about her finding new people to replace her.

Michael Crawford and Leanna seems very contrived....How long did that last? I'm guessing that sparked the Jill/Leanna feud.

• Members

Trish studied literature and philosophy and worked as a model for French cosmetic companies. "it would be like the things you would get in a dime store," she explains, her flawless complexion continuing to make any product look good. "A couple of the hair salons there also had makeup sessions, and I went to model makeup for them. Just so they could show a prospective client how the new makeup trend was going. And it was nice. It wasn't that lucrative, but I learned a lot. It was fun."

Being young and not wealthy means roughing it a little bit anywhere. In Paris, it meant living in an apartment with no hot water or telephone or refrigerator. Still, Trish loved the city enough to remain there for three years, until her job as a stewardess with Pan American Airlines brought her back to the States.

After she left Paris to be a stewardess, Trish retained her kind of good will. That's how she ended up as a contestant on a quiz program in California, where she met Michael Ogiens, a young TV executive connected wit hthe show. Trish doesn't credit Michael with her decision to act, because she was discovered on her own to do a commercial for the airline. "I give Michael the credit for perhaps, my continuing," she explains. "Because he said, 'You can do it. Try it! If it doesn't work out, nothing's lost.' Whereas, I think, not having that background I might have been prone to say, 'I don't think I'm cut out for it."

"I didn't really think I could handle it, because I didn't feel that I had to the training. And I think that training is important. You can have a naturalness, which is something essential to acting. But it's the other things: being able to maintain something, and to do it a different way...technical things, knowing where the camera is..." Trish finishes with a quiet smile, "You bring your own personality to whatever part you do."

Michael's encouragement of Trish as an actress hasn't stopped, even though his wife admits that being on a soap and being married at the same time can be a bit demanding. "You have to take it home with you..." is how she explains working on a daytime drama. "I'm very lucky I have a husband who understands. After being married for four years, he's learned how to cook and takes an interest in it." IF Trish had a particularly grueling day at the studio, Michael suggests that he cook dinner for her. "So I'm very lucky as far as that's concerned," she says happily.

"Michael is still with CBS-TV in Hollywood, where Trish now toils in her The Young and the Restless role. "He handles daytime shows out here on the West Coast," she explains, "and looks at new projects and makes sure that things are going smoothly. I would say that the only thing that really has been bad, as far as my marriage is concerned, has been the fact that Michael works for the same network that I do. So we don't talk about The Young and the Restless.

What are the difficulties inherent in working at the same studio as your mate? "You exhaust certain avenues," Trish says, referring to the "pitfalls of bringing your work home with you and talking about it." It's really not like that with her own marriage, she says because "we do talk about other things, which I do enjoy."

Still, being married to a man who is also a co-worker does present some small problems. "Every once in a while I feel like, 'Oh, boy, I'd like to go home and complain about something!"

"And, conversely, if it's something that's going wrong with the show from the production end and he knows about it, he doesn't tell me. So when either one of us is in a frumpy mood because of the program, we can't find out what it is until after the fact."

Trish is obviously not overly concerned with organizing her home life and career and has no doubt it will all work itself out beautifully. after almost five years of marriage, she and Michael get along well enough to deal with everyday problems like that. "Each individual marriage has to set up its own guidelines," she says. "And from then on, compromise.

"I'm very fortunate. Michael understands that your energy level falls when you're putting on a show from seven to four, coming home to fix him dinner and study the script for the next day. He periodically refuses to accept my being really tired, and he says, 'I married Wonder Woman.' That's what I expect, but it's good because, for instance, it spurs me on, and then I do accomplish more. So I guess he knows me well enough to know that I can do it. Oh, not always. He knows my limitations, too."

Starring in a daytime series, being married to a handsome television executive, traveling to all the exciting places in California - it might be more excitement than most of us dream about. But to Trish Stewart, it's settling down into a very quiet life!

- EMILY DAHLBERG