• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS6W9QMGyOo

I loved Sheila and Olivia's scenes here. I know Sheila was kind of manipulating Olivia so she could tell Scott about her pregnancy, but Olivia was really trying to be a friend to her. I guess they stopped having scenes when Olivia/Nathan/Dru along with Neil coming on heated up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7of1B-M59rQ

I also like seeing more of Scott and Olivia in scenes together. Did the show keep up with them having scenes where they talk about their lives every now and then, when Sheila moved to B&B? I know Scott had scenes in late 1993 where Olivia found out he was sick. Where they ever social outside the hospital?

• Members

Oh I can see where they cast actors in multiple roles, it's just driving me nuts for some reason to see if he's the same character. I wish he'd started randomly yelling "LORIE LESLIE LANCE LUCAS FOUR L'S!!!" just to help me out.

• Members

Did Bill intend to use Sheila with more characters, or did having her only mainly interact with Lauren/Scott/Paul along with a few others occasionally achieve what he wanted with her story?

I know i uploaded an episode from 1992 where Sheila visits Cricket at her job and invites her and Danny to dinner with her and Scott, then Michael comes in and Cricket introduces Michael to Sheila and they awkwardly say hi to each other and Michael gives her an odd look. Was Bill panning anything there?

• Members

Intially she was only supposed to be a dayplayer but Kimberlin impressed them so much they kept her.

She was mainly created almost solely as an antagonist (although one viewers could KIND OF sympathize with) for Lauren (the more established character).

Nope.

• Members

Barbara Crampton went on recurring in 1992, I believe. She then went to GL in mid-1993. Did they use her any between those periods? Or did she leave Y&R once she went on recurring? Did Bill have any plans to use her?

• Members

I still think it's interesting that Kimberlin auditioned from Cassandra before she got Sheila. I kind of sometimes wonder what that would be like, but Nina Arvesen was perfect for her as Kimberlin was just.... Sheila... LOL

So here's something i also wanted to know, Did Sheila actually just "appear" one day when she was introduced, or did she first come to work at the hospital when they first showed her?, do you remember how that went down?

I also wonder that too, She was still In the opening credits A LONG time after it looked like Bill had written her out.

• Members

Bill initially had plans to use her more with Jill but once he reunited Rex/Kay & John/Jill there was no more room for Leanna which was sad because Barbara Crampton had TONS of chemistry with everyone.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

If Arvesen & Brown had been cast in each others roles they would've flopped.

She was working at the hospital as a glorified extra & eventually ended up at a party where she flirted with Scott a lot (which is what made Lauren confront her thus beginning their relationship).

• Members

I wonder why they even reunited Katherine and Rex, since they had so little story for them.

Leanna is the only role I've ever liked Crampton in (aside from her first 4-5 months as Maggie Forrester). I would still bring her back if I thought she wouldn't be ruined. If I were writing the show, I would have her hosting a show that exposes all of Phyllis' crimes, like running over Christine and Danny.

• Members

Thanks! I know there used to be an episode from May 1990 on youtube when Lauren miscarried her first child, and she met Sheila for the first time, but a side from helping Lauren get care (funny to say that LOL) all she did was make (suspicious) faces at Lauren and Paul.

I guess the other scene you were talking about was when Lauren wanted to throw a surprise party for Scott, but he didn't show up cause he was out drinking with Sheila. The scene where Lauren confronts Sheila about it is still on youtube and it's one of my favorite clips.

A side from their first lab catfight, i was shocked when another youtuber said that he had episodes from Y&R 1991 where Lauren slapped Sheila. That's interesting that they were (well Lauren) physical before the big stuff happen.

• Members

That's perfect! Also If i were writing, I'd reboot her rivalry with Jill. Those two are always hilarious together! I'ts sometimes hard to imagine Jess being such a sweetie to Barbara when the camera weren't rolling (which knowing Jess she probably liked her a lot) cause Jill is always such a bitch to Leanna.