Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

That's my feeling too. They seemed to have wanted her to spin into bigger stories (connected her to both Victor and Jack, even seemingly set up some possible future story...) but I just don't think she worked out. Whether it was the character, actress, or both, I'm not sure.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The story back in Genoa City about Victor's absence with Jack and Brad instigating the takeover was brilliant must see TV; the story with Victor and Ramona in the desert was good wasn't as interesting. It certainly didn't seem to be the main draw of the whole thing, and I think that's why Ramona didn't work out in the long run. To me at the time it was like they were trying to revisit the summer of '93 in a way but the Victor part failed. I remember in some online communities they felt Victor sleeping with a younger woman was trying to show that Victor still had his mojo.

Was Brett going to be the molester? I certainly do recall that story but they dropped it I believe. I think the Scott/Alden feud got started there in '99 and ran all the way til it climaxed with Scott's departure in 2001(and almost MTS).

• Members

Watching this 1991 episode I'm reminded again of just how well Y&R and Victoria Rowell managed to give Dru some unique flair without seeming overly forced, or turning her into Wilona from Good Times. At the time this may have even seemed forced, or dated. Now it's sadly ahead of its time.

My dislike for Neil/preferring Dru when Neil wasn't around also hasn't changed, apparently. At least the stuff with Olivia was winding down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtIR3An3jg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5hf4_tk0GM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSNHUop0eX4&feature=autoplay&list=ULP5hf4_tk0GM&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=2

• Members

Victoria Rowell does master those facial expressions with perfection! You can clearly see how fun her, Lauralee and Damian are having in these scenes. These days, people would just phone it in.

I heard somewhere that Michael Damian never liked the dialogue they gave for Danny and Cricket. I agree it can be cheesy, but it's sincere at the same time.

By the Way, the next episode i'm going to upload has that famous scene that has been talked about for years of Ryan and Victoria "having Sex" in the car. I gotta warn you Carl, if you hated Ryan before, you will hate him even more, LOL.

• Members

I guess it might have given Tricia Cast some great scenes to play but, by God, Nicholas Pappone sniveling that "he touched me!" might have actually made it really hard for me to sympathize with him.

I can see that.

So, basically, bad timing and a bad coupling.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I second all your statements about Ramona. Afterall, she did last longer than originally planned. She could have vanished after Victor left New Mexico but they did incorporate her in the afternath. And the cast was overcrowded with STELLAR actresses.

I liked her a lot and also liked the actress in b*tch mode as B&B's Carmen.

• Members

I hated Brooke's hair here, even though it helped redefined her bitchy personality here. Stephanie had every right to try to kill her that summer LOL.

Not that it would be written well, but i wish they still did a business storyline between Y&R and B&B like they did here.