Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To be honest, not much. What was cool about it was that it was a collection of all the SOD synopses for the full year with (I think) a few other interviews and features mixed in (I'd have to dig my copy up and look at it since it's been awhile since I've read it). SOD did those with several other series, but I *think* the only ones I've actually seen are ATWT, AW, and DAYS. The ATWT seems to pop up on ebay far more often than any of the other series, though. I don't think I really paid that much for mine (definitely not more than $20 and I really doubt it was even that much, probably in the $10 range or under).

• Members

Thanks. The Daytime TV Library series are just fantastic, but I know little about the SOD things, other than the cover.

They could have at least had a few more cast members doing fashion shows. I never got to see Helen Wagner wearing mod clothes...

• Members

Dan was fired in July 1998, as part of the cost cutting scheme. I too feel that it was mistake to let him and other announcers go. Some considered announcers a hoary leftover from the early days of soaps, but I felt they added a continuity that is sadly lacking today. Even Michael Logan complained to P&G and was basically told that he needed to get a life.