AMC Question

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

gallery_2709_10_33304.png

You're biased.

Absolutely. This begins one of the best character/actor transformations this show has seen in years. Especially with today being MCE's birthday, it has to be said. She effortlessly carried this show from this point until 2009 -- as if she had no clue she was even doing it.

• Members

I loved what the show did with Annie at this point and have loved her ever since. When Pratt took over, I loved what he did with her to. No doubt he was a horrid writer for AMC but there were some bright spots during his reign and one of them was Annie. I was just about to write something else, but realized I would spoil it for SnCC so I erased it, LOL.

Wish I could look back at the shows you're watching...late 2007-July 2008 I wasn't able to watch AMC daily like I did before. There's definitely some blank spots during those times that I wish I could go back to and watch.

• Members

Wow. Couldnt disagree more.

So begins the transformation of Annie into an interesting character who carries the show.

Yes. I so agree. By far.

This is so true. She carried AMC all by herself and you are so correct, she did it as if she had no clue she was doing it, making it - and her - more awesome.

• Members

Add me to the list of MCE fans. I don't know when it was when Annie became my absolute favorite character on AMC... probably around the time the writers decided Annie was Dead Woman Walking and tried to turn her into an insta-psycho in order to prop up KenLee? MCE not only took that plot-dictated change and ran away with it, she always battled to preserve the "heart" and humanity behind Annie's sudden misdeeds.

You could really relate to the fact that she had been neglected and rejected as a girl, and now that was happening all over again as her husband and so-called friends turned against her and tried to oust her in the pettiest way possible the moment "the real Greenlee" swanned into town.

Archived