The Suds Report 8/6/10

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*applause*

This isn't 1973. Why would someone who's watched ATWT for the last thirty years suddenly become interested in a show that they've presumably never watched before, considering it's been on either partially or directly opposite OLTL for all of those thirty years? It doesn't make any sense, and I wish they stop clinging to that.

Of course he can't. Unless they have a yo-yo that stretches from here to Yuma. Then it's all "my secret lover," "future Mr. Branco," etc.

• Members

Wow @"Vivienne". Is that even her character's first name?

So true about soap switching. My grandparents aren't so hungry for soaps that they'll seek out a new one once AMC hits the skids, and I think older at home fans in particular have an easier time rolling with the new programming punches if those particular hours of the day are for vegging out and sneaking a cat nap or two anyway. My mom NEVER would have switched networks, she would have just upped her weekend Lifetime Movie Channel quotient to fill in the sudsy gaps.

• Members

Word. In fact, now that AS THE WORLD TURNS is about to go, DAYS has ruined all its' momentum from the baby-switch, and AMC, OLTL and Y&R are tanking big time, I just don't have it in me to watch television, let alone daytime television. As soon as Larry Bryggman's return (on ATWT) is done, I'll probably be done, too.

Because, don't you know, we all look alike? ;-)

• Members

For me, the problem is that there is simply nothing even remotely interesting on during the daytime (or even primetime). Ironic, isn't it? These networks have ruined soaps because they're so worried about the plethora of entertainment alternatives out there to lure away viewers; yet, if they actually watched these shows that have them so scared, they'd know right away that they had absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Members

That's how my people are, pretty much. When GL ended, my aunt filled that spot with reruns of Little House. Episodes she's watched over and over again for over 35 years, but she still watches it (then again, she treats that like a soap too -- "Oh, I wonder what Laura 'n 'em doin today..."). It's either that or the daily Gunsmoke/Bonanza barrage on TV Land.

Archived