OLTL: Discussion for the week of July 5th

• Members

She may have been backburnered for a short time, but you have to admit that in the few years, Starr has been on front and center the majority of the time.

And by vets, I mean Viki, Dorian, Bo, Nora, Clint, etc.. with a little of the teens on the side (not the entire show being dedicated to them). There's a reason the ratings for OLTL are in the toliet, and showcasing the teens, John, and Todd all the time isn't helping matters any.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Another great point about her baby. It's like she totally forget about her child. That's another strike against this relationship. StarJam could've been a lot better if it was better written.

• Members

Some people might see it as a gyp/ageism, but I wouldn't mind a Viki & Dorian bumper, like an awesome shared one. Or at least a shared one at the break and alternating individual ones at the return.

Starr hasn't *truly* bugged me in a long time but she was testing me today with the shrillness.

• Members

I actually dont mind Starr right now with James, if they keep her out of the endless cycle of her struggle between choosing Todd or Cole, she would be good.

I was just kidding about Starr, how long has she been on the show anyway?

I wish Viki, Dorian, and Charlie were in a better story WITHOUT David.

No offense, but Bo and Nora were lucky to get what they got last year, I dont think Carlivati is interested in writing for them. They will probably just be props for whatever Matthew does from now on or be involved in the latest police investigation/court case.

• Members

One of my biggest problems with Starr and James is the idea of having to bear through more of Cole and Hannah. I don't know WHAT's going to happen there, if he's really in fact sticking around, if she's really innocent and sticking around herself, I'm just very uninterested in them as a couple or individually for that matter. Though I could *potentially* get into Hannah if she was less nuts and more of a traditional schemer with a heart in the Tina tradition. I don't like crazy and scheming a la Margaret Cochran, Stacy, et cetera, who annoy the [!@#$%^&*] out of me and end up being killed in some tasteless way that makes me feel less about the show rather than relieved that they're gone.

• Members

It's all fanfic with Todd's useless ass in the middle.

He was so ineffectual in dealing with Bull & then OLTL tries to make him look badass by yelling at Nate (who? exactly.)

Starr finding her fun side again MIGHT have been tolerable if she didn't have a child & was all but married to Asscole & she ends up looking like a callous ass to be lovestruck over someone that very well could've caused her daughter to grow up without a Mother.

The writing (or non writing) for Clint is proof of that.

Archived