• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't think we've mentioned Sharisse Baker-Bernard, who filled in as Melissa Bedford on GH in 2001 while Jensen Buchanan was trying to settle her breach of contract suit with P&G. It would have been better if she had stayed on ATWT, because Melissa was a dud character from Day One. I love A Martinez, but even he couldn't salvage that storyline.

• Members

Well it didn’t help that JFP tried propping Jensen in favor of JZ.

That had potential.  Let Melissa come between Roy and Bobbie.  You could even have still had Bobbie be neurotic about it and do some questionable things, but eventually coming around to herself and recognizing she was just panicked about losing Roy again and revisit how traumatic the original loss was and formative to the Bobbie that wasn’t trying to steal Scotty or fig he all the time with Laura.

And then I would just turn Melissa into a slow burn maniac, that ends up holding Bobbie hostage or something soapy and fun like that, while Roy is clueless.  They could have even had Jason and Carly rescue her, still allowing the show to revolve around them lol.

• Members

How wild!

And @amybrickwallace, you have no idea how ready for that call I was then

Please register in order to view this content

!  After having experienced Monty, Labine, and Guza, and with the cast as it stood then, I had so many ideas for GH that still embraced the genre while adhering to the human drama GH had become known for at that point.

It wasn’t until YouTube and I finally got to watch GL with Curlee/Demorest/etc at the HW helm that I found out the tone I was writing as fanfic was what they were doing then, and really well.  The more grounded realism and darker character exploration, but with a sense of hope and still some excitement, mystery, and soapy fun all in the mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...