Best Football Game Ever

Ryan

• Members

Now I normally don't like college football, but I have many friends who go to Penn State and play on the team. I am glad Penn won. Almost 5 [!@#$%^&*] hours of playing time. It took 4 quarters plus 3 overtimes for Penn State to pull out the victory. Great stuff.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was in ATL, so I wasnt able to watch any of the game. But my brother kept calling me on the ride home, guess what just happened and giving me 30 minute updates. I really love JoePa, the man is almost 80 and has so much passion and energy. He is also 7-1 against Bowden. I am glad PSU won.

About the title game, please someone beat USC. I hate USC with a passion. I think most people outisde of California are rooting for Texas, I know I am at least.

• Members

I think Texas is going to come out swinging. For the past two weeks, ESPN has been fawning over USC like they've already won the game, and have been comparing them to national champions of the past. Either they know something we don't or they're in for a big surprise. I think the Horns are going to hook'em.

• Members

That game was RIDICULOUS!

As Kirk knows, I live in Pa and am a huge Penn State fan. :) I really have no choice though, it's definitely a family/regional thing.

Definitely going down as one of the most memorable and intense games I've ever seen!

• Administrator

Well, USC has the better stories. 34(?) straight wins, 2 straight national titles, 2 straight Heismen winners, Bush will be the #1 pick in the draft, Leinart maybe #2, USC has the hollywood stars.....I mean what isn't there to fawn over? LOL

GO USC!

• Administrator

Discipline himself from what? He doesn't make any mistakes. He won the Rose Bowl two years in a row and was the MVP for both games. He now has a national championship. He played the best game of his life. He has the hype.

If he leaves Texas, Houston will have a tough decision. Houston's needs a running back so badly, but Houston fans will want Vince Young.

• Members

I'm getting the impression that Young is headed for the NFL. Wasn't he staying for sure a couple of months ago, and now he needs to sit down and talk it out with his parents? I dunno, seems like he's inclined to go.

As a USC student, I'm more than a little bummed, but Texas outplayed them. Oh well. [!@#$%^&*] happens.

I do love how, going into this game, USC was "the greatest college team of all time" and Matt Leinart was "the best quarterback in the history of college football." Now Vince Young and Texas are THE BESTEST EVAH. Media hyperbole kills me.

• Members

Actually next year the NFL is going to make a rule or at least hold a meeting where rookies dont make near as much because so many veterans are !@#$%^&*]ing that the rookies are making so much money without proving anything. This is the year for all juniors in college to come out or the few that have a chance as a top 10 pick. I listen to sports radio constantly and the last few days they have talked about this a lot.

So with Vince Young playing one of the best games ever in a title game, he is sure to be a top pick over Leinart and possibly Bush. I would hate to make that decision, Bush or Young(if he decides to leave early).

How I feel....mark my words Matt L. will be just an average QB in the NFL. If I were a GM I would have Matt as the #4 QB behind Vince Young, Jay Cutler out of Vandy, Brady Quinn out of Notre Dame, and then Matt. I also hate how smug Matt is, his comments after the game pissed me off. Well Matt the game isnt over until the fat lady sings, so know you didnt have the game won. I do agree though that USC is still the better team, and USC has one of the most talented offenses I have ever seen in college. Matt still played one hell of a game and I will definitely give him that, but he has a kick ass offensive line, great receivers, and possibly 2 of the best running backs in all of college football. I just think Leinert will be an average NFL QB, especially if he goes to the Saints or any team that doesnt have a good O-line, because he isnt mobile enough.

I am foaming at the mouth because the Titans have the 3rd pick in the draft this year, and hopefully Bush or Young will still be there. I will be pissed if the Titans draft Matt!

Kudos to Texas, finally ending the USC 34 game win streak. Also thanks to ESPN for hyping up USC so much, because that gave Texas plenty to thrive on, being disrespected all month while ESPN constantly talked about USC and saying which teams in the past could stop this team, in reality it was Texas who was way overlooked by many. I am an SEC fan, so I dont like Texas but hell I am a fan of anybody who can deflate USC at least for a moment.

Archived