CBS Protest Rally now on CNN

• Members

The rally we held outside CBS on April 16 is on now on the CNN website...I am proudly holding up a tee-shirt that says 'I'd Rather Be Watching "The Edge of Night."

Edge and ATWT both premiered on April 2, 1956 on CBS as the genre's first two half-hour soaps. We were also filmed by a Dutch TV camera crew.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed_edition&videoId=showbiz/2010/05/15/baldwin.save.soaps.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed_edition&videoId=showbiz/2010/05/15/baldwin.save.soaps.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

• Members

Well, yeah. The point of the search was to see this same thread appear in 578 other message boards.

And the CNN video... I just think it's sad, everything: 5 people rallying and the cancellation. But nothing you can do about it.

• Members

+1

I highly doubt that I would get my butt out there and do the same, but never say never, who knows how I'll feel upon AMC's and OLTL's cancellations. Some people choose to protest, others choose to snark it out on the net, both apparently useless but at least the protesters got some fresh air.

A lot of soap fans have a justifiable defeatist, "roll over and take it" attitude about the demise of soaps and when all the shows are gone and all the sites like this one are dead or revamped, we'll get on with our lives. But I do admire people who rally and fight, regardless of result, because if something isn't worth fighting for, then what did it really matter to you to begin with?

Archived