AMC: Friday, April 23, 2010

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean, really. This whole psychological debate into father/brother/gut issues is moot. When you're horny, you're horny. Greenlee probably got tired of the Wonder Baton and said, "Leo's dead. Jake is gay. Ryan's an incredible fail... Gimme the real deal! A man who's just as horny as I am!"

It was written all over Greenlee's face.

David: "Greenlee... I want you. I want all of you. I want your heart, your mind, your body, your soul! I want to know you innermost secrets! I long for your innermost desires! I want to feel whole and one with you when we do more than have sex... we make LOVE!"

Greenlee: "Yup! Okay! Fine! Whatever. You done? Bang me!"

• Members

Yeah, I'm still not buying that Greenlee is that horny that she would sleep with David when there are tons of other hot men running around PV. Hell, it is far more believable if she went over to Ryan's for a booty call than having sex with David.

• Members

So sad to see Adam and Brooke leave... I was teary-eyed most of the episode.

I'm torn though because I really wanted them to get a much bigger send-off, but really it wouldn't have made sense with the storylines going on. I don't know - if Adam does come back from time to time, then ok. But he never got an exit scene with his own son, grandson, etc... I don't know.

At least BROOKE got some closure.

The yacht club set was gorgeous - Erica/Jack looked sooooo good. That background was amazing.

LOVE Greenlee and David. ;)

• Members

It hasn't hit me that DC is gone yet. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of Pine Valley without Adam Chandler. :( It's such a huge loss for the show. Character's come and go, some of them I've missed and some of them I've forgotten, but losing Adam is going to leave a huge hole that this show is never going to fill.

• Members

I rewatched David Canary's scenes yesterday, and I was able to enjoy them more.... Erica and Adam's scenes were a bit elevated from the rest of them and now knowing it was his final taped scene that make sense. It almost looked like they both might choke up. I guess what disappointed me was how within two days its over. Very little fall-out between Adam/JR, very little between Adam/Annie. I don't know, it all felt rushed to me and that's my major complaint. Lack of flashbacks really hurt too.... I feel it just could have been done better.

That being said it was a sad day and its hard to believe I'll turn on the tv next week and he won't be on :( He's been a major airtime presence the last two years... it will be a difficult adjustment... one I won't get over and one the show won't get over either.

• Members

Regarding David Canary's exit, my theory is that they didn't want to do anything that would clue the average viewer (who doesn't know David Canary has retired...and probably doesn't even know who David Canary is!) into the fact that this is it. No final scene with Tad? No resolution with JR or Annie? No flashbacks or montage? I liked the scene with Erica, but it certainly did not feel like it did their history justice IMO.

If I didn't know what was going on I would fully expect to see the story pick up with Adam and Brooke in Paris or some tropical location next week, or maybe from Adam's "I might be gone for a long time" line to Colby I might anticipate Adam and Brooke will be absent for a period of time but will be back in several weeks/couple of months.

I didn't hate his exit, but I really did not expect his last scene to be walking in the park like any other character. There should have been something more and I actually did think for a split second that they were going to do a kind of Cliff/Clair Huxtable type thing.

• Members

I agree LeClerc, I see what you mean. In a way it reminds me of Beverlee McKinsey and her Alex's exit on GL. Of course those were some very unique circumstances, but they share that grey quality where a viewer unaware of the behind the scenes goings on may not grasp the finality of the exit. I know the man isn't dead so a montage might seem a bit maudlin, but a farewell to Adam (and Brooke!) is a very significant one for AMC fans. I guess the flashbacks during the show compensated for that, and we just had Palmer's memorial, so it's like how much can one sappy fan take... I'm kind of conflicted, as I was when Brooke left quietly last time. The exits of these actors and their characters deserve the fireworks, yet when it seems less final it's easier on the imagination/emotions. Like how it sucks on sitcoms when everyone moves away on the finale. Wouldn't you much rather imagine them still living together, up to their same old hijinks? :P As they walked off yesterday, you can imagine them going on some Sally Spectresque romantic whirlwind tour... but coming back.

With Canary and Barr still in the tristate area, I think it would be really nice if they were invited to make a cameo as a couple the next time Viki or Dorian throws a big bash over in Llanview. Dorian and Adam of course have a history, and they could establish that Brooke and Viki were old journalism acquaintences. JB even threw out the idea at one point that they write a little crossover for Brooke and Dorian.

Archived