Unpopular Couples you liked/rooted for?

• Members

That's how I felt, too. I just think that by the time Anna arrived, Holly & Robert were an established couple, they seemed to have a lot of fans and Anna posed a threat to that relationship. I don't think there were too many people back then clamoring for Robert to dump Holly for Anna. I would have loved that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Tad/Camille. Boy was I surprised when I first started going to message boards and realized how nearly universally-despised Camille was.

I think pre-internet I basically rooted for whatever pairings TPTB wanted me to at the time.

• Members

THIS. The same is true for me. I think there is group-mentality when it comes to the online community. Younger viewers (like myself) tend to hop on the bandwagon of more experienced and vocal viewers. I think that's definitely made it harder for TPTB to sell us certain pairings.

• Members

On AW, I didn't like Sharlene as a character and didn't really care about her and John as a couple. But when she became Sharly and took up with Dack Rambo's Grant, I saw some sparks.

Pre-internet I liked who I liked. Post-internet I liked who I liked and sometimes sought out boards with like-minded fans so I could enjoy reading what others had to say. The internet or the mob mentality has no impact on my preferences. I'm not sure if the internet so much influences fans' preferences as it just makes it easier for people who are fans already to band together...for better and, in some cases, for worse. When I first started visiting boards of a particular soap (which was basically the first time I started frequenting soap boards, period), I was astonished 1) at the level some people would go to for their favorites and 2) at the level some people would go when they hated certain characters or couples. I like boards where people can be respectful of others' opinions even (or especially) when they don't agree with them.

• Members

OK, here it comes....

Bridget/Ridge.

I said it.

Shoot me.

Not technically a couple, but even the mere idea of them seemed to shock everyone. But I enjoyed the flirtation even though I think it was pretty obvious they weren't going to do anything about it.

And Amber/Thomas was fun.

Neil/Victoria.

Archived