Nancy Pinkerton Peabody (ex-Dorian Lord, OLTL) has passed away

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WoST had one of Robin Strasser's earlier episodes and the way she spoke in a scene with Viki in Viki's office at The Banner reminded me a lot of the way NP spoke, that softer, smoother, measured lilt. Not the vocal histrionics we're more accustomed to hearing from her Dorian. Robin had watched OLTL (she saw the heart medication scene with Victor) so I guess she smoothly transitioned from what Nancy and Claire did into her own Dorian.

• Members

I keep remembering that photo of Pinkerton and Jameson Parker as Dorian and Brad Vernon, in their tennis outfits, and Pinkerton with this big grin on her face, like she could conquer the world. And her Dorian really could have conquered the world. Imagine a soap today with such a strong female character and more importantly, a strong female point of view.

• Members

A favorite picture of her is in the OLTL coffee table book. She is at the hospital in her doctor's whites standing face to face with Viki who's wearing a rather imperious look on her face, and a large black fur coat on her back. It's what I read into the picture, Dorian's deep-rooted jealousy and envy of Viki, what she wanted for her own life and a style and demeanor she'd go on to adopt once she became the Lady Lord.

Archived