Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Agreed; that's what the long-running Housewives shows were built upon for the most part: real friendships taken to the small screen. NYC, New Jersey, Atlanta, Beverly Hills all started out that way and that's what made them a success in the first place, which enabled them to continue on and evolve. 

On the flip side, a new Housewives show nowadays is instantly manufactured drama that implodes all too quickly. See: Salt Lake City. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was actually thinking someone on the RHUGT cast like Sonja or Luann to kinda bridge the link between the old and new, while cross-promoting their spinoff

I was actually thinking someone on the RHUGT cast like Sonja or Luann to kinda bridge the link between the old and new, while cross-promoting their spinoff

• Members

@Cat thank you for the tab on ALL STARS: NY due to my like of Lu and Sonja. 

That said...same on NEW NY. I've been fascinated with Jenna since I saw her giving commentary at the Met Gala on E! so I'm excited to see more of her since her rep (little that I know) precedes her and I want to see how she works.

But that trailer has me intrigued by ALL of them honestly. Though online is comparing it to REAL GIRLFRIENDS IN PARIS which I know you watched so I can't wait for your thoughts...which is probably two pages ahead of this. 

I know, I know...I WILL catch up. 

• Members

NJ

Well, this season sucked. What a flop. 

I do not think we're seeing the fall of the House of Gorga. Not even slightly. Unless they totally botch the reunion I believe we'll see them return. This episode only reinforced that the relationship with Teresa is totally broken and it's not all their fault. Teresa and Louis (and Gia) are equally to blame. That Gia would call Joe and tell him they all think he could do better than Melissa, when it's clear the two of them are pretty devoted to each other...she's such a meddling cow. 

The whole Laura/Affair storyline is so lame that for the finale to be premised on it...Lord give me strength. 

Margaret annihilated Jennifer with the "Bill slept with a subordinate" line...Jennifer was literally screaming "She threw herself at him!" and frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog...Jennifer still doesn't get it. The affair is Bill's fault. She continues to make excuses for him and cannot move on.

Danielle was a total flop this season. It's clear production hired her for the potential of the brother storyline. 

Rachel is sane. I don't know if that will hurt her chances for a return, but it hasn't hurt Dolores whose the only one who had a 'good' season aside from Jennifer Fessler who should definitely be upgraded to fulltime. 

Jackie was a non-entity and I don't see her returning. 

Louis is a walking, talking, red flag. And that's who Teresa is dumb enough to marry. 

• Members

100% agreement on everything. 

Yeah, that comment Gia made really threw me.  We all know both parties are not innocent. But last night's episode shows Teresa is the same old person who stirs stuff up by letting her minions do the dirty work, and then runs away and says lame lines like "look at you / you're disgusting" when backed into a corner. And Louis is just creepy in a bad-tempered, ticking time bomb kinda way... I wouldn't feel safe around him. 

Danielle going after Margaret so hard was stupid. "Don't shoot the messenger" but you got your info from Jennifer, who along with Teresa got it from the infamous Laura.  And Danielle thinking the infamous Laura would have no reason to lie... first of all, you don't even know the woman or her motives (and it sounds like she was thirsty as hell to get on the show, so there's that). Danielle looked like a melting muppet last night. 

[Side note:  Danielle is someone you see Bravo pushing hard to make happen. She has gotten a lot of Greek chorus/her viewpoint talking head footage this season. By comparison, if this kind of push was happening over on OC with Gina, who is strongly disliked for some reason, then I could see why the audience would groan at Gina so hard.]

My goodness, Jennifer's reaction at Margaret's comment about Bill sleeping with a subordinate. Ooh, that came from the gut. But like you said, DaytimeFan, that is still misplaced anger that should go towards Bill. 

Despite dragging out the "rat" etc. comment issue, I do like Rachel overall. She's smart, level-headed, and has common sense and doesn't blow up so easily. I hope she gets another year. 

Jennifer Fessler is a fun side character "Friend of." Perhaps an upgrade next year, or perhaps another year as a friend, much like a Tanya on Atlanta before she got scared off. 

Jackie's presence fizzled out. No reason to return next year. I think the Househusbands will miss Evan though. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I know Louis was lying on last night's RHoNJ because P.I.'s only exist in soap operas and DAYS Patch has been too busy in Greece to take on a new client.

Besides, what would an investigator be able to find about women who are public figures, on a TV show, that one couldn't glean from Google?

• Members

The cards are going to come crashing down on Louis, and he is not helping himself. Every red flag and siren is going off for me. I don’t know what is long game is with Teresa, I just know I am going to feel so sorry for her when he shows his true colours. 

• Members

IKR!!! It was overdue and looks great.

I think collectively they are a good batch that I will look forward to see every week.

As far as favorites...I like Kandi, Kenya (get it, gal!!), Drew...even Marlo...shoulder length hair suits her.