Unsung Soap Stars

• Members

Anyone mentions of Gordon Thompson, Cali Trimmins, Brenda Epperson, Christopher Templeton and Richard Biggs yet?

You know, it's funny I didn't know her incredible soap history until after looking her up following on of her many countless appearances as Judge Marsha Fitzpatrick on Days in the last decade. It's a shame they've never expanded her character, who has been shown to a devout defender and upholder of truth and justice yet then last year we saw her taking her "usual bribes" from Stefano and Victor. She didn't seem happy to do so either.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mentioned Cali. I was going to mention Brenda, I swear. She's still the Ashley I had such good memories of (of course they didn't make her steal sperm).

Richard :( He was great on daytime but I always think of him for his work on Babylon 5.

I didn't know Marsha was still working in soaps. It's a shame DAYS doesn't do more with her. Her work as Hillary was, from the clips I've seen, really really good. She was funny, cautious, supportive, yet not a pushover. She was very relateable. I think GL writing off the relateable women is one of the reasons their ratings fell.

I will also add:

Lenore Kasdorf

Denise Pence

• Members

Lisa Cerasoli

Cynthia Preston

Julian Stone

Cassandra Creech

Patricia Elliott

Amy Grabow(very short role on GH, but loads of potential on any soap)

Real Andrews

Wendy Moniz

Don Jeffcoat

Ingrid Rogers

Sarah Buxton

Dominique Jennings

• Members

Kristina Wagner. Not the best actress ever, but beautiful, pleasant, the camera loves her, she has a nice persona, and when called on she delivered one of the most dramatic moments in GH history. She has so many things going for her looks and charm wise, not being Meryl Streep doesn't really enter into her equation, or shouldn't anyway.

Sharon Wyatt

Sharon Gabet

• Members

Kristina was such a reliable part of GH, and underrated, then they destroyed Felicia with that Luke affair. I hated it when they brought her back and they kept saying what a terrible mother she was.

The two Sharons were definitely superb.

A few others:

Nancy Pinkerton

Lauren Marie-Taylor

Laura Koffman

Wortham Krimmer

• Members

Would Larry Haines be considered underrated? This probably sounds insane, but I know him more as Gwyn's (the underrated Christine Tudor) dad on Loving than from Search, but you just gotta love the guy. His little grunts and Bob Newhart stammers, he was so Disney.

• Members

We didn't see his best years on Search so in that sense he and many other vets from the days of soaps we will never really see are underrated. I liked him a lot on Loving. I also liked him on AW as Ada's boyfriend.

• Members

Oh wow, I didn't realize he'd played Ada's boyfriend. I remember how pleasantly surprised I was when I realized that the Chief from Gimme a Break (Dolph Sweet) had been Ada's husband. I have an episode with them and from what I gather a lot of their scenes took place in their kitchen.

Archived