Unsung Soap Stars

• Members

I know. It's so nice that they didn't want us to think Jack would get involved with his soulmate's sister (why didn't Claire use that to spare me Frank/Faith??) but the chemistry was off the charts and the buildup of love between them was beautifully written and produced.

This reminds me of someone else who was wasted with Jack:

Rose Alaio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nancy Addison Altman

Julie Adams as a forgotten little gem of a soap character, Paula Denning. I know they tend to get their flowers, but I feel the need to mention Constance Towers and Marj Dusay too. Of course any actor worth their stuff *should* be able to do it, but I really do marvel at the polar opposite women Clarissa McCandless and Helena Cassadine are, CT is so slyly funny as Helena. And she just gives me chills with that icy stare when she talks about cutting out Alexis' mother's throat. :excl: And Marj Dusay, a true comedienne in the land of soaps, that dry wit and slick delivery, yet she can melt your heart where her characters are really going through it.

• Members

Two younger guys who I thought were so much more interesting and talented (without resorting to scenery chewing) than the type of young men we tend to get these days, Mark Brettschneider (Jason, OLTL) and Michael Sutton (Stone, GH).

• Members

Yeah, Nancy Addison was phenomenal -- I don't think Jill would have been as bearable without Nancy.

Sofia Landon

Diana van der Vlis

Amelia Marshall

Marie Masters

Melissa Hayden

Mark was very soulful and he had a lot of purity in his acting which distinguishes him from a lot of the dead wood OLTL has tossed onto the fire over the past fifteen years.

She is one of those you look forward to the most when the story goes to a new timeline. She made the characters come alive. Her work as Carolyn Loomis and as Leticia Faye and Charity Trask/Pansy Faye is beyond superb.

• Members

Chad Brannon

Paul Taylor

Micah Alberti

Chris Stack

Scott Holroyd

Craig Lawlor

Jess Dunphy

Mick Cain

Napiera Groves

Marissa Tait

Lane Davies

A. Martinez

Lauren Martin

William Christian

Tonya Lee Williams

Tanisha Lynn

Phillip Moon

Anne Sayre

Beth Maitland

Jim Storm

Colleen Dion

She could've taught a class from acting with her eyes alone.

• Members

Ellen Parker

Jean Carol

Mary Ellen Stuart

Barbara Berjer

Anne Sward

Milette Alexander

Melanie Smith

Brynn Thayer

Kirk Geiger

Ellen Bethea

Eric Morgan Stuart -- he was so underrated it drives me nuts

Patricia Bruder

• Members

Two ladies who never seem to get credit are Teri Keane and Augusta Dabney.They both were probably the actresses who did the most soaps and were part of the landscape from the 50's to the 90's.

Maree Cheatham created two great roles in Marie Horton and Stephanie Wyatt.

How about Micki Grant who lead the way for black actresses as Peggy on AW.Was she the first black contract performer?

Due to a bad rap from Lemay and Rauch,Jacquie Courtney is not given the kudos she deserves.

• Members

Don't remind me. I was so eager for him to have a story I even rooted for Julie. :lol:

A few of my favorite GL ladies:

Kimberly Simms

Hilary Edson

Maeve Kinkead

Marsha Clark

Brad Maule

Jay Pickett

Paul Michael Valley - Anne Heche/PMV were one of the best soap couples ever

Tamara Clutterbuck

Patricia Healy

Archived