If you could bring back 3 OLTL characters, who would they be?

• Members

This is a response/companion to the "get rid of" thread. But I'm adding a twist. You can pick three contract and three recurring characters!

CONTRACT

1. Cassie Carpenter (Laura Bonnargio)

2. Kevin Buchanan (Dan Gauthier)

3. Patrick Thornhart (Thorsten Kaye)

RECURRING

1. Andrew Carpenter

2. Mel Hayes

3. Joey Buchanan (Don Jeffcoat)

Cassie's always been my favourite of Dorian's daughters. Even her brief scenes the other day, where she didn't even interact with anyone, sparkled.

Viki needs her sons in town. Gina Tognoni and Don Jeffcoat had a lot of chemistry together. Would like to see him back, since Nathan Fillion's not a viable option. Imagine the sparks from a Cassie/Kevin/Kelly/Joey quad!

Not gonna lie, I preferred Cassie with Andrew to Kevin, so throw him into the above-mentioned quad and it would be perfect!

Mel should come back because he's Dorian's best love interest. She needs a man in her life who's not David. Bring back Mel!

Patrick needs to come back badly. Marty needs her soulmate back. Imagine the beatdown Patrick would give Todd! Patrick's return could impact Blair, Kelly, Cole, and Starr as well. Has the potential to be awesome.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait! I just saw this... No offense, but.... no nono nono no no no no no noooooo!

PLEASE, have mercy on our souls and do not let Don Jeffcoat play Joey ever again. He was just... so... NOT-Joey.

I want Joey to be sensitive and attractive, not sniveling and smarty-pants. The only sparks I ever say between him and Gina Tognoni was Kelly seemingly being annoyed by a pouting kid-brother-like figure. :lol:

• Members

Saw Chris in a very dark indie film a couple of years ago. He, like his successor Fillion, is an unconventionally handsome guy with a nice build... and he still had the Joey vibe about him:

chrismck5.jpgChris+McKenna.jpg

If you google image search him, you'll find that there are also a few, ahem, more revealing shots (screencaps) of that physique I mentioned... They're from that movie, Kingdom of the Ants.

So yeah, I totally think he could do Joey again. I'd even say he'd make an excellent choice.

• Members

I did see him in a few other things after OLTL, like on that short-lived Debi Mazar/Ellen Burstyn show. He was very, very good on OLTL. I think people forget how good he was because Nathan was so popular.

I think even without Chris or Nathan, Joey could work, but you have to make an effort. Hell, I thought Bruce Michael Hall was not that bad, but the writing was off and then the show just gave up.

Archived