ATWT Casting News

• Members

Paolo Seganti is still with the show and is still taping scenes. He was asked to stay a bit longer.

Sarah Wilson debuts as Liberty in March.

Chris returns in March (played by Daniel Cosgrove).

Lots old favorites and faces from the past show up as the show kicks off a major storyline in April revolving around Bob and Kim's wedding anniversary and the 54th anniversary of the show.

Rumors that DirecTV might be interested in ATWT.

The bold part has me excited!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't wait for April!

Directv may want ATWT? I doubt that, Passions bombed over there, I doubt they would pick up another soap. Especially one like ATWT which costs a hell of a lot more to produce. than Passions. But, you never know....

• Members

The plans for Bob and Kim's anniversary (Chris's SORASing is gonna f!ck that up, but oh well!) and the show's anniversary have me excited. This is the end game. It's over. There is no longer a need to try to get younger audiences or new viewers. The show's a lame duck, anything it does at this point doesn't matter. Just soak those last months if vintage ATWTness. End it the way Irna began it.

• Members

where did you hear DirectTV might want the show? It is a far smarter idea than Passions because of the OLDER fanbase. Many Passions fans lived with parents, in college dorms, and, thus, could not choose their own cable provider. It was their parents who chose a cable provider and the same 'grown ups' watch ATWT. I still dobt it will happen. I'm suprised they have not picked up cancelled prime time shows. Maybe the programmers at Direct have a hardon for soaps. Maybe Direct is scared of the Comcast/NBCU deal and want original content. Maybe they are just buying the show for a buck! LOL

• Members

Kurt McKinney has also joined the show, as a business associate of Craig's.

Nelson Branco says that sources are raving about how well Sarah Wilson is doing as nuLiberty. We shall see....

I'm having a hard time believing PS was asked to stay. I was told he had already finished taping and went on to other things. :blink:

As for the bolded part, Ron, I hate to say it, but don't get your hopes up. Goutman had said that they wouldn't do any big returns until the final weeks of the show. I have a feeling this will be another "big Hughes story" drop. They'll promote the isht out of it, then as soon as it starts, they'll can it. I hate to say "don't count on it", but at the same time, we (the viewers) can't help but get our hopes up when they tease us with the promise of "a great Hughes storyline".

Archived