HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

Richard Madden is perfect. Literally perfect. He has watched Doctor Who since he was a child!!!

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/richard-madden-on-game-of-thrones.html

If I had not been a Jenna Louise Coleman fan for nearly a decade, I think I would hate her right now.

(there's a Song of Ice And Fire spoiler in there that hasn't been on the show yet - be warned)

Edited by DRW50

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think I've decided not to watch the show. Even though I don't believe for one second the writers truly know anything important about how the books will end I'd rather not take the chance. Nor do they deserve my time. In short I'm done with the series until the next book or GRRM dies.

It's depressing that HBO and these two arrogant assholes feel the need to ruin what was such a great experience or literature.

• Members

You mean like 5 episodes in the spring and 5 in the fall or do you mean a spin off like TWD is doing?

I'm basically rolling with the punches on all of this. I'm a little sorry that the show will "spoil" the books, but whatever. It doesn't really matter to me at this point.

I did think that Martin had a deal with HBO to do his Dunk and Egg novellas as a series (set in the same world), but I don't know if anything came of that.

• Members

I mean a split, and beyond that I don't know. They might add to the episode order to help with a split, who knows? It's their biggest show and they have been floating the split season as a possibility. And yeah, it doesn't bother me.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sure they're all fawning over the new season. Its just amazing how because its amassed such a large audience it inherently cannot be critqued fairly by anyone. I have yet to see a single reputable site actually admit that the show isn't Gods gift to Earth or that it has flaws.

Instead the lead sentence on the Atlantic article is that it "fixes" the "failings" of the fourth and fifth book. What a load of bullsh#t. Just because the latter two books don't have a massacre or a sex orgy doesn't mean that they are any less great or engaging. If anything I love the latter 3 more than the first two. Esp 5 which really has a lot of build up.