Y&R: Actor talks about the return

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Eric Braeden must have handed him those questions before the interview started.

I give them credit for trying to give even a pretense that Victor was in any way mistreated in this story, but I don't buy it. Victor isn't getting revenge. He's being a dick.

I wish someone would ask about the rumor that he would not let them do a scene where Phyllis confronted Victor about Summer's brain damage.

• Members

I'm so glad he's back. He stirs the pot. He evokes reactions--positive or negative, but people FEEL something when he's on screen.

It is interesting that Victor/Braeden don't assume responsibility. Regardless of whether the actor "gets" it, that helps fuel the portrayal of narcissism. It doesn't matter if he gets it...it matters that Victor's not-getting-it will suitably infuriate the audience.

I'm thrilled.

• Members

Were you really thrilled that the MJ/Patty story, and Colleen's death, fizzled out in constant repetition of "Victor took three bullets for Jack" and most of the characters barely allowed to raise their voices to him? The few who did were then ostracized by everyone around them.

I don't mind if Victor refuses to believe he does anything wrong, but the show also has to warp all the characters around him to try to justify his actions.

• Members

He'll be miswritten again, because I'm never under the impress that this writing team "gets" Victor or his rivalry with Jack.

So far, the writing for Victor and Jack's "feud" has been the most atrocious thing I've ever seen these two involved in due to the writing for this current writing team, who would have though we could hit newer lows in this core dynamic on this show after Latham's Epilepsy mess?

Colleen's death has had ZERO IMPACT, so I'm not at all shocked Victor doesn't feel anything by having her heart inside of him.

• Members

I have always loved Victor way more than I liked Eric Braeden. So if Victor is back and he will be even more powerful and meaner, I am ready to watch. With this writing, won't hold my breath but I am sort of excited to see what's coming for Victor. I guess we should expect a 5.0 with his return since as he makes the show!! :rolleyes::lol:

• Members

I hope we are not giving Eric Braeden a pass to dictate all the scenes he surely does "because he gets it" Gets it or not the scene of confrontation with VICTOR vs PHYLLIS was very necessary and if he said no he's (to borrow from CARL) nothing short of a "dick" for that. Him getting it makes him someone who's not a team player in something that is not a one man show. I like the part where he truthfully commented on his castmates though

• Members

i love how people give him [!@#$%^&*] for not acting like everyone on the cast is his BFF.

Im sorry, but hes just speaking the truth. some fans have this idea of the cast going out for drinks and being best friends IRL. I am not friends outwise of work with my co-workers. Most people i know are not.

• Members

I just find Braeden hilarious. He takes a piss on absolutely everyone he can and he just flagrantly doesn't give a damn.

That said, Braeden gets along with the cast that is basically of his generation. The problem is that they're getting fewer and fewer. I think anyone whose been concerned about MTS' status need not fear anymore. Braeden and his friend Les Moonves are two peas in a pod and what Les says goes.

Y&R is known as having a very distant cast. The truth is it always has been. They have really nice dressing rooms, nobody wants to leave them!

The New York based soaps are the ones who are more like family, though B&B is friendly because of the small long term cast and DAYS is a tight knit group to a degree because of all the creative upheaval bullsh*t they've dealt with for decades now.

I've also been of the understanding that the cast of Sunset Beach didn't get along that well.

Archived