The best/worst Baby Switch Storylines

• Members

Lots of soaps have done them. They seem to be a staple now.

From AMC's with Maria and Erica( I think it was those two) to Babe and Bianca, to Y&R's with Ash and Sharon( which you wouldn't even know they did one with the horrible writing, its never played on) To Days current one with Sami and Nicole. Which Soap has told the best/worst baby swap storyline?

To me Days has set the new standard. Y&R's is TERRIBLE!!!!

Your thoughts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say the OLTL one was very good.

I don't care for the Y&R one.

The Sheila/Lauren baby switch 10 years ago was also very good. And the one on DAYS recently.

I thought the one with Babe/Bianca would have been better if it hadn't gone on so long.

The baby switch on Emmerdale last year was absolutely superb. Some of it is on Youtube. Baby Daniel's death, and then Laurel's disbelief and horror as she learned that the child she'd grieved for had never been hers. The other mother in the story, who had never been able to conceive and now knew she had lost another child, was also phenomenal.

• Members

Days: The one with Lexie and Hope from a few years ago was pretty good

Y&R: Sharon/Ashley. This one is turning out to be the worst. Absolutely disgusting and revolting

AMC/OLTL: The AMC side of it with Babe/Bianca was good. The OLTL stuff with Kelly was a mess

• Members

The Good

OLTL - Jenny/Katrina - An amazing story that played out in real time. As each year passed the ending became more gut wrenching to fathom.

Days - Sami/Nicole - Good story with good pacing and great acting from AZ and AS.

Knots Landing - Val/Abby - Although not your conventional baby switch story, mesmerizing just the same.

• Members

AW had one with Vicky giving Grant a baby from her sister Marley's baby clinic and giving their real son to Jake and Paulina. She didn't want Grant to have their son because she thought he was a monster.

SuBe had the one where Caitlin and Olivia were pregnant at the same time. Caitlin lost her baby. Annie drugged Olivia, made her think her baby was dead, and gave it to Caitlin. I'm not sure if that counts.

Archived