SOD: All Soaps... [11/3/09]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS

Bo and Carly. Bo is having a difficult time wrapping his brain around why Hope felt the need to move out (into the Kiriakis mansion). He discovers Carly breaking into the house later. She tells him she killed Lawrence and explains why. Peter goes on about Lawrence and violence for a while. Bo is going to protect Carly from the Alamains. Bo is so busy with Carly, that he brushes Victor off when he calls to convince him to work out his relationship issues with Hope. Maggie spies that Bo is not home alone and tells Hope. Hope stops by. Bo tells her an old friend stopped by. Peter argues that Bo is not really lying because that is what she is to him. He later follows Carly when she goes to check on Rafe. Carly breaks down in Bo's arms and he comforts her. Peter asserts that at this point there's absolutely nothing romantic going on in Bo's head, his love for Carly was never at the "depth and breadth" of the love he has for Hope. Carly's more like a dear friend he's experienced a lot of things with. Anyhow, Vivian comes to town and she wants Carly's head, so Bo's gonna be busy.

Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin for Sweeps. Carly's return is the beginning of a very big story. It will be a slow burn. B/H are growing apart. Carly is there for Bo. Justin is there for Hope. And Vivian is back.

AMC

Jonathan, David Canary is not interviewed in the article. It's all Pratt. He explains that Annie's reason for covering for Adam is a little of everything: care, getting away with her crimes, custody of Emma. Pratt says it was more of an accident than murder and seems to look forward to exploring the emotional reasons behind it. Ryan/Erica/Zach will recreate the night of Stuart's murder at the end of next week (after making sure Annie/Scott get stuck in an elevator) and it looks like that will bring Adam's memories back. The secret that Adam is the killer births the next phase of the story which is the emotional fallout and will he/won't he confess.

• Members

Justin & Hope = Zzzzzzzzzz

I'm shocking myself to say this, but the *only* time I have been interested in any type of storyline with Hope and a man other than Bo was during the Princess Gina story when she was canoodling with John. Wow.

I also liked her onscreen chemistry with Mark Valley's version of Jack when they were briefly friends.

• Members

Ryder is on what soap?

(Paraphrased as usual)

TC looks like crap in this ATWT episodic picture of Brad's death. Makes me want to watch to see the performance.

Kreizman dishes on ATWT. "It will be exciting, romantic and fresh."

Brad's death will affect everybody. None more than Jack. He'll spin out. Brad will continue to be a presence on the show. He communicates with Katie through Henry. While it is a sad story, it'll have romance and humor.

Jack and Janet's section is about Jack. He feels guilty for what he's taken from everybody. He has a dificult time facing his family, he can't accept help from Janet, he can't go to Brad's funeral. He prepares to leave town.

Molly/Mike/Ben/Simon's return coincide with Jack's road trip. He'll encounter these people on his different stops. Some will come back and some are just there for the trip.

Vienna is going to be gone for a while. Henry is not persuing Katie in a romantic way but he feels very responsible for Brad's death and will try to do everything he can to help with the child. Katie won't believe him about "hearing" Brad.

Carly will return as Jack is hitting rock bottom. Their paths cross outside of Brad's funeral. She's a big part of Jack's road-trip as she follows him. Jack accepts help from her because she's on the outside. Carly feels like Craig has been there for her and comes home ready to keep that fire burning.

Craig and Rosanna are still sleeping together. For Craig it's redemption. For her, it's about letting go of all the pain and rage she had for him. They need to figure out how to break the news to Carly.

Lily wants to pick back up with Holden. Holden's not so sure about that - she's still married to Damian. Someone else comes into the picture for Holden.

Meg finds out that Damian knew the DNA in the car wasn't Holden's. She's holding it over him.

Alison/Casey break up. Maddie wants to pick up Casey's pieces. Alison is not looking for love. Mick (Pelphrey) comes into the picture at work. Alison realizes he has something he can offer to Paul/Emily. He makes some promises that are unbelievable and shocking.

Paul and Emily wonder if the situation with Liberty's baby was ever really meant to be for them. They have loads of Stenbeck money. Paul wants to burn it, Emily wants to do good with it and so that's the path they choose. That decision brings things into their lives that they weren't expecting.

Luke sees that Mason is trying to take advantage of Noah and it brings out his Damian side. Luke's choices will have big consequences for Luke and Noah.

• Members

I'm sorry but rosanna would never sleep with Craig again - he tried to kill her and took Cabot away or was partly involved in it. I just don't understand it. People bitch all day and night about Y&R but while uneven it still has cohesiveness and character that make sense - to me at least.

• Members

I can buy Rosanna sleeping with Craig again more than I can buy Jill leaving all her money in one bank account, Phillip faking his death for 20 years because of his homosexuality, no one managing more than a shrug when he did return, Sharon and Ashley giving birth at the same time even though they were originally months apart, Paul's sister getting plastic surgery to look like her therapist and going on a killing spree, Chloe going from being obsessed with Cane to actually being obsessed with Billy all along, only to suddenly be revealed as Esther's daughter, Billy falling in love with Lily then forgetting about her in no time at all, etc.

• Members

ATWT stopped making sense when it comes to character, so long ago that bitching is almost pointless. Look at the way Paul and Emily change on a dime depending on what the plot calls for. Neither of them hold the slightest resemblance to the characters they were two years ago, or even 2 months in the case of Paul. It's bizarre, but I've just learned to accept that there is no such thing as in or out of character for the cast of ATWT.

Archived