Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

Was just reading that Tom O'Rourke's widow has written a new book about her husband titled Bedeviled. Apparently, it's a tell-all about Tom and his purported years of extramarital affairs. The book description says he confessed all of his affairs to her years after his death through dreams. Her description of the book says he had a divided soul: one in heaven, one in hell. Very strange.

1 hour ago, robbwolff said:

Was just reading that Tom O'Rourke's widow has written a new book about her husband titled Bedeviled. Apparently, it's a tell-all about Tom and his purported years of extramarital affairs. The book description says he confessed all of his affairs to her years after his death through dreams. Her description of the book says he had a divided soul: one in heaven, one in hell. Very strange.

She used to post on the message board for his page on the IMDb, before those message boards were taken down. I had watched an episode of Simon & Simon in which he guest-starred and checked out his message board to see if people still remembered him. She seemed very nice in her comments about him, written after his death. She explained how they left New York and moved to L.A. after his role on GL ended. She did not know why the show recast Justin instead of asking him back. She said he loved playing that character. But she never mentioned his affairs.

Here's her blog about his career, her career and the book:

http://thomasorourkeactor.blogspot.com/

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

11 hours ago, JarrodMFiresofLove said:

She used to post on the message board for his page on the IMDb, before those message boards were taken down. I had watched an episode of Simon & Simon in which he guest-starred and checked out his message board to see if people still remembered him. She seemed very nice in her comments about him, written after his death. She explained how they left New York and moved to L.A. after his role on GL ended. She did not know why the show recast Justin instead of asking him back. She said he loved playing that character. But she never mentioned his affairs.

Here's her blog about his career, her career and the book:

http://thomasorourkeactor.blogspot.com/

From the blurbs I read about the book, she claims to have learned about his supposed affairs after he contacted her from beyond the grave via her dreams. 

43 minutes ago, robbwolff said:

From the blurbs I read about the book, she claims to have learned about his supposed affairs after he contacted her from beyond the grave via her dreams. 

Yes, one blurb I read said these were paranormal conversations. I do believe we can re-invoke people after they're dead. But I don't think dead people make full confessions to us in our dreams. It would be an interesting soap opera plot wouldn't it! I see her book as a combination of psychotherapy and creative writing. She obviously is dealing with things that happened in their marriage or things she has been led to believe happened. Her website is actually very nice. She's done a good job documenting the phases of his career. I particularly love the photos where he's clowning around with Stephen Yates (Ben) and where they are at the beach house of Chris Bernau (Alan). I get the impression they were a close knit cast, all the ones hired under the Dobsons. The mid to late 70s was a great time for GL.