Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I went to my notes to see but I didn't find it, so I will be dropping that from my comments in future about James Lipton. I still find it very odd that he is a recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Daytime Emmys when he was only a moderately successful actor & not successful as a writer at all. Of course he was a huge success as the host of Inside the Actors Studio & wrote a successful book about it "Inside Inside" but neither of those things would fall into Daytime Emmy territory! 

Coincidentally, while looking for this information I found one of the examples of it being wrongly claimed that Agnes Nixon put all of James Lipton's characters on a plane & crashed it. 

• Members

Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to get to hear him talking a bit about how quickly they find out about story twists and about what his character was going through. I wish some of that material was around. Or the GL-themed song he sang in his nightclub act. 

Stewart was written out with so little fanfare in '84 I wonder how many knew just how popular he was.