OLTL: Discussion for the week September 21

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are we getting a sex tape story for Langston and Marrko? They seem to have run out of ideas for these characters. And they had such great chemistry during their first time, but this time was all very flat.

I'm going back and watching the old Marty drunk/out of control/Andrew-obsessed clips and just ignoring what she is now.

Todd and Tea's wedding would have been much more entertaining with Bubbles as the main attraction.

• Members

Oh Gahhd, his smirking smart ass is getting on my nerves too.

To answer an earlier question, Roseanne annoyed me on a deeper level. Somethimes in life you'll meet a person and for no legitimate reason you find yourself thinking, "Gosh, I just wanna PUNCH that guy!" You're just annoyed by their very being. Which of course is not a nice thing to think/feel, but it is what it is. And I HATED the way she said "Crishhunn"...

• Members

Haha, I know, right? I love this show, it's my favorite, but it is flawed... I guess endearingly flawed cuz my ass is still watchin.

I suppose giving Kim an insta-past with Nicole Richie is better than giving Sheridan one with Princess Di, but it was still lame. I'm not mad at the current mid-late 20-somethings on the show but I'd like to see them kick up the level of storytelling a few notches. More real, darker drama, right now it's all a little too slick and pretty.

• Members

I like the show too, for the vets and the history and a few others (I'm liking Kyle and Fish, and Rachel, and Brody), but the younger set and their leading men are atrocious. I really think the main way for the show to survive is to dump the dead weight now. Gigi/Rex/Stacy at the very least.

• Members

Yeah, they truly truly TRULY underestimate the power of the vets. It kills me when I read newer younger fans diss Dorian as some shrill kooky diva for example, if ONLY they'd witnessed her and Viki in the mid-'90s. I'm not against introducing new characters, but this mayoral race for instance is the perfect opportunity for some Buchanan/Cramer umbrella storytelling. It doesn't have to be cliched Hatfield-McCoy-type stuff, but there are SO many character connections and possibilities stemming from Viki and Dorian, they can't just tell a satellite Viki/Dorian story without showing how important these ladies are to several members of the younger set, integrating them into the story.

Archived