Y&R Casting Scandal?

• Members

I don't know why everyone thinks Victoria Rowell is going to come in and be the great savior of Y&R...I give her three episodes before the complaints start about another botched return from the dead story (the third in a year!), how she's not written in character (this isn't the Dru I remember!), how her storyline isn't going on anywhere (they can't write for black characters!, and how she's used too much and everyone's sick of her (Billy Miller syndrome! Remember when he was Y&R's great hope for salvation?)

I also think she's vastly overrated. Judith Chapman is understated compared to the scenery chewing Rowell does.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got your botched return story right now, people. Dru returns with a secret white family which she has maintained for twenty years behind Neil's back. She carries the fetus of one such unborn child in a prop that has been on the Winters house set for a decade, indicating deep story continuity. Somehow no one noticed the smell. When questioned about this shocking deception, Dru cracks her gum and rolls her eyes at people with a heavy sigh.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Adam and Dru's mixed-race kid have begun conspiring together, as they are both psychotic and experiencing visions in which Dru's fetus comes to life and talks to them as an elaborate CGI puppet with the voice of Judith Chapman. Melody Thomas Scott will be fired yet again to pay for this CGI effect, in a story in which Nikki drowns in the same spot as Brad and Colleen.

Bring me my royalty money in a golden chariot driven by a unicorn.

• Members

There's been a hole in the Winters family ever since Dru went off that cliff. She's the catalyst for reaction in that family, without her, there's no real drama. She brings the drama. Though, had they known what the hell to do with that family instead of treating them like a bunch of tokens, the impact of Dru's loss wouldn't be as serve as it is currently.

That said, I don't want another botched return, and I have no faith in the current group of Y&R writers. If they have to craft a return story, I'd hope they would consult with someone that wrote for the character for years, like Kay Alden or Jack F. Smith.

But looks like that isn't even necessary...

• Members

She might be overrated but she brought something different to Y&R. Which they are missing. Thge ratings haven't been the same since she went over the cliff. Why they can't try it & see how it goes? They try to revist her through bland Lily but CK is too weak. Then they try through Tyra who needs acting lessons.

• Members

I don't see why Rowell, Stafford, Bergman, etc. would need to get together with MAB and work out an amicable agreement. It's not as if Y&R would be suffering any less if Rowell were still on the show. She's not some savior; she ain't no Obama :D

The only one who continues to make a stink about Rowell returning is Rowell. She's hard-up for a job, burnt too many bridges, and is now trying to crawl her way back. Hanging outside the CBS studios but can't get in? Don't know whether that's tongue-in-cheek or not... regardless, she's just looking pathetic now. Move on, honey. Write your book and foster some more kiddies.

• Members

All I'm saying we don't know what she can do until she allows to come back. These people they have on the scene now isn't doing anything for Y&R either. They had two years to prove that Dru or VR wasn't needed. & look where they are at now.

It could be the writing. But Even if the writing improves. Y&R still missing something.

Archived