GL: Interview with Kim Zimmer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The venom spewed at Forrester is ridiculous and has been from day 1. To even suggest that NF was the "worst daytime actress ever" when the likes of Charity Rahmer, Nadia Bjorlin, Denise Vasi, Farah Fath, and Crystal Hunt are still walking the Earth, is absurd.

Nicole Forester is a competent actress and gave a few fantastic performances on GL when the writing allowed it. The problem is that she was woefully miscast in this particular role and the writing for the character did a 180 at the exact time of the recast so she was basically a new character doing things that most of the audience didn't like. NF herself though was a capable actress trapped in a lose-lose situation with her character, already disliked by many long before the recast, being used the spoiler of the show's greatest supercouple for no believable reason whatsoever.

If KZ is pissed about Jeva being broken up for Josh & Cassie, fine, alot of viewers were too. But take that out on Wheelie, it was one of her brilliant and revolutionary ideas. It's right up there with the TinkerToyCameras, HootervilleSpringfield, and the sanctification of TheSerialRapistDouchbagFromHell.

• Members

There were bad decisions made over the years, but Ellen Wheeler made the worst ones! I think Kim nails it. Ellen killed this show with her idiotic ideas.

But, rewinding back to when Kim wasn't on the show from 1990-1995, the show ROCKED because of Jill Farren Phelps and GL survived just nicely without Kim.

• Members

I think GL was very good from 1990-parts of 1993. I think the show got worse and worse as 1993 and went along and collapsed in 1994. I also didn't think 1995 was very good, part of which is due to the poorly written return for Zimmer, but once Zimmer got established again, I thought she was a strength (even if the Save Fifth Street story was caca). I guess I felt familiar and comfortable with Zimmer, which I did not with Justin Deas when he first showed up and hogged airtime 5 days a week, or when Wendy Moniz showed up and the show diminished Vanessa and ruined poor Bridget and Roger to try to make GL the Dinah show.

Archived