The Game Show Thread!

bellcurve

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

“Family Feud” Moves to Universal Studios Orlando; Tapes July 10th

The popular syndicated game show Family Feud will be leaving its Los Angeles home for the first time. The Steve Harvey hosted twelfth season (Steve in his first) will be moving to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The show will begin taping the new season on July 10th. We’ll post ticket announcements when they become available.

I think this move will end up being really good for the show. It’ll definitely bring a new crowd into the show. It’s a heavy vacation spot. That means fewer paid audience members (and a much more diverse audience as well) which saves them money. Plus there is a giant difference from west coast audiences to east coast audiences. Just watch the difference between Millionaire and basically any other game show. It really should add something new and great to them. And again not to mention since they have so many vacationers and travelers there, it’s a lot easier to find a larger group of people with families wanting to audition. It would be a lot easier to find a family of five essentially on-the-spot and get them playing, a bit like how Millionaire had the “Walk In and Win” Weeks.

edited to include link to source: http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/family-feud-moves-to-universal-studios-orlando-tapes-july-10th/

Interesting how this show is forced to move out of LA to keep the production costs down. I wonder if the same will eventually happen for Millionaire, given how absolutely expensive it is to tape the show in Manhattan and how it seems Disney doesn't want to get rid of it's only game show property.

And Steve Harvey as host should be very interesting as well.

• Members

Wow, everyone and their mother is going to be clamoring to get on that show when they're vacationing down at Universal. Years ago we were in the audience for "Let's Make A Deal" and it was during a special block of eps taped in Orlando with original host Monty Hall. Can't remember if it was Universal or MGM though.

• Members
Richard Karn was so f0cking underrated. And didn't even get an Emmy Nomination for his work. Typical, cheapass FREEmantle and the stalwart daytime Emmy voters.

Yep. BuzzerBlog makes an interesting point too: it will be easier to find a family on a whim and an audience without having to pay for them to appear or having to scour LA to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/04/09/as-the-world-turns-how-will-cbs-replace-it/

I would love to see a daytime Password, especially if they get a better host than Regis* (sorry, he is a good talk show host but a terrible game show host!) and if they stop the endlessly complicated rules. Focus on the personalities, not on rules, no one cares about that.

*I know he wouldn't host a daytime version, I just wanted to complain about that again.

Archived