Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ann Marcus wrote that while out in Hollywood Mary Stuart was there for some junket and accosted her verbally about not writing storylines for Joanne, but for her 'stepdaughter' - I'm assuming Marcus meant daughter. It made Mary sound less than gracious about sharing the storyline wealth. In Mary's defense she never got to counter the Marcus version of events. Mary had often decried the loss of the baby boy Joanne gave birth to - Duncan Eric - who could have been a character in the show for years to come. I always wondered if Bruce Carson was supposed to fill that void, but the show never went there.

• Members

Just two thoughts about the early 70s SFT. When I was a guest of Ann Williams, on April 30, 1974, I could tell how close Peter Simon and Courtney Sherman (later Courtney Sherman Simon) were off camera. They were both married to other people at the time, but I could tell that they were an 'off-screen' couple as well as an on-screen couple.

Next Sunday, I will have the pleasure of listening to the pianist Jess Beller while he accompanies the 1927 silent movie comedy classic 'The Kid Brother,' starring Harold Lloyd. Jess' daughter, Kathy, payed Liza on SFT from 1971 - 74. The event will be at a nearby library. I don't get out very much due to my medical problems, but i do hope to see him. It will be the first time since his wife (Kathy's mother) died, so, I want to offer my condolences.

• Members

I remember one of the soap magazines called Sherman's estranged husband for comment and he wasn't too friendly...

What was Ann Williams like? Did you get to read the book her kids wrote? They have their own Youtube channel with some videos of her. Have you seen it?

I'm sorry to hear about Kathy's mother.

• Members

Yes, I HAVE read Ann Williams' children's book. As a matter of fact, an old family friend of ours (who is 95 years old and is more active than you and me put together) was a friend of Ann's housekeper and knew Ann's family quite well. When I went to Ann's wake (Dec. 1985), I was surprised to see Margaret there, and she filled me in then. Small world.

I read the Welch children's book on the train, from cover to cover, en route to the final GL Fan Club gathering in Oct. 2009.

To my great surprise, my friend actress Dagne Crane is mentioned in the book. Apparently, when Ann was very sick, Dagne took the youngest daughter out for a day trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has Matt Ashford ever talked about his time on SFT during the last 20 years? He acts as if this show never existed. (Unfortunately, he is not alone: most soap stars who become famous for just one soap role usually pretend that they've only spent time on that soap.)

• 2 weeks later...