GH: August Discussion Thread

• Members

I get the sense that Guza is desperately trying to find a way to make the Nikolas/Rebecca work so he throwing everything into their story from Ethan to now Elizabeth. I don't much care what Elizabeth and Nikolas do though she better not get pregnant from another one night stand again. I do want Lucky to find out, not give a flying f' and get his own love interest. Too bad pigs will fly first. No way is Nikolas getting stuck with Elizabeth's spawn.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reminds me there is more whining from Sarah Brown in SID:

"I don't know that the writers want to get me out of the corner. As I look at scripts I don't see them working towards that" "For me, staying is not about $$$. I have 6 or 7 months left. anything is possible"

• Members

This is why I keep wondering what the plan is for Claudia. Seems to me that her only hope is that Sonny falls in love with her and forgives her, but with Olivia in the picture, I don't see that happening anytime soon. With all her comments, Sarah Brown sounds worried about Claudia's future. She has said that she talks to Guza and yet she is not getting the redemption that she expected for Claudia. Seems to me that Sarah Brown is trying to force Guza's hand through the press and her fans. She cannot afford to quit, but it does seem like they are writing her as an unpopular character and may even be contemplating writing her out.

• Members

Since the GH thread is dead and I am loving the behind the scenes drama, here are more tweets from Sarah Brown. She is not happy.

sarahjoybrownIcon_lock: GH is a fantastic Drama, but Claudia Z is a mess. I've spoken my peace about CZ hurting Kids. I'm strongly opposed to the ideas.U support? sarahjoybrownIcon_lockI: need this Character not to be Evil and willing/capable of killing children. I didn't sign up for that and have zero intrest 0000 #kids

• Members

I've only watched up until Wednesdays episode (been catching up today) and there was no Carly for three whole episodes...no Jason for two whole episodes either (though I think Steve Burton was supposed to go on vacation and this time they didn't pre-tape).

• Members

Why is she suddenly now upset about killing kids? The shooting with Michael happened eons ago.

That story is such a mess anyway. Whatever happened to the supposed closeness they had? Has that been dropped?

Speaking of actors speaking out, Tyler Christopher had a bizarrely impassioned defense of the Nik/Liz story.

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2009/08/thisis-an-interesting-analysis.html

• Members

Sarah Brown was never happy with Claudia's involvement with shooting Michael, but she was convinced that Guza was going to redeem her. I think that she is rightly worried because Claudia is not being redeemed and is not a hugely popular character like Carly was.

Tyler Christopher is a fool. His whole spiel about Nikolas always doing the right thing is such BS. Nikolas was cheating on Emily with Courtney a few years ago. He never deprives himself of anything that he wants.

I wish that Lucky could have his own story apart from these characters. I will never believe that there is not one woman in GH who does not want and love a man as hot as Lucky. Insanity this show.

• Members

That's because were in Guza and Frons land. Women in PC only want a man in the mob or a "wonderfully quirky" guy like Spinelli (I fail to see the appeal of this character and the fact that he's a fan fave).

I like to know what Greg Vaughn did to make TPTB (and allegedly Tony Geary) hate him.

• Members

Probably nothing at all. Guza's very -- odd -- when it comes to his treatment of characters. If he doesn't like a character, he doesn't like a character. No matter who plays it, I believe. It's rumored... I said rumored... that Michael Conforti said he and the other breakdown writers were told constantly by Guza to de-ball Lucky as much as possible (during the drug addiction storyline).

Archived