SOD: All Soaps... [7/21/09]

• Members

Why?

I watched Chuck-Tara-Phil on AMC in the 1970s. This quad doesn't have anything on 'em. Don't get me wrong...I'm disposed toward Phick, but at this point I consider that couple ruined anyway. But what is the matter with waffling and indecision? It can be a character trait? Why does it all have to be tied up neatly in a bow?

I find the individual scenes compelling...for me, the actors make it work every time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that story went on as long as it did because of actor departures. Phil was presumed dead for several years.

This story goes on, front and center, year after year, not because of what makes sense for the characters but because of what drags the story out. It's becoming Brooke/Ridge/Taylor.

• Members

There are definitely elements to T&T I don't like, especially the whole 'recording Tea and getting her barred from practicing law' thing. But FL & TSJ have AMAZING chemistry, they could definitely make it work.

Now he sleeps with Blair..back to square one.

Tea should have an interesting summer with a few of those new characters coming on.

• Members

I totally agree, Nick and Phyllis are one of the most dull, hallow, and poorly defined soap couples I've ever seen. They should have been nothing more than an affair. I'm not a big Sharon and Nick fan either, but damn, at least Phyllis had a personality when she wasn't in Nick's orbit and she seemed to regain a part of it recently when she and Nick split up. I hate this damn quad.

MAB and Company are too afraid to piss off one of the fanbases for an extended period of time, so they try to please everyone with this constant flip-flopping, which ends up hurting all the characters integrity and the show as a whole.

• Members

I really wish that Phyllis would just tell him he's already made his choice and he's just going to have to live with being alone. Why would anyone want that piece of crap?

Ashley planning a wedding with a child in a coma?

Archived