SOD: All Soaps... [6/30/09]

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't mind watching AE back in the role, but I just realized now after I said that, the character needed a "new" face. LOL Bringing back AE would defeat the purpose. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.

• Members

They'd probably never let Brooke Lyn any stories.

I dread the idea of Michael living with the Qs. We're going to get a return of the Quartermaines are evil. Sonny is the hero! Why don't those awful people understand what a loving father and perfect human being Sonny is?

• Members

Oh it's cool - I'm just NOT a fan of AE...at all. I never saw her on anything but Passions and some clips of her return to OLTL. Quite non-plussed.

But Beth Ehlers...goodness she's crazy for turning y&R down for Patty. I probably wouldn't have liked her in the role though. But I've never seen her play anyone that's dark so...glad we got Haiduk.

Now if we can just get Haiduk a cover....I'd actually buy a SOD again!

• Members

Riegel is one of the most easy going actresess , who never got wnet crying to the writers but jfrom just ready between the lines from what she said and from what Pratt said she had it out with him bigtime and has washed her hands of AMC for good.

IMO Pratt just plain lied to both Eden and Tamara about what they would be playing and both are done with soaps , ABC soaps anyway. Very suprised CBS or Days hasn't made a play for Eden.

IMO RB made up her mind to leave before Pratt ever took over. B&E RUINED the character BIGTIME!

• Members

The character was already heavily watered down and "Ryan-ized" during the McTavish era - she knew she was getting herself into when she came back - she wanted the paycheck during the strike.

Pilot season has come and gone without ER snagging a role so I'm sure she'll be returning to AMC for her next five minute cameo, especially if Kendall goes into peril again.

• Members

She got what she deserved?

For leaving a sinking ship that ended u getting the ax? Damn that woman. You are right. shes evil and deserves to pay for what she did.

Really? Come on. I am not even a fan but i dont blame her for leaving GL at all, she was unhappy, she got roles offered to her cuz her contract was up, and she chose to leave. And of course she was happy. Most people are when they leave a job they are no longer happy with to a new chance.

I guess Crystal Chappell also deserves this. Not sticking with GL trying to find a new home.

• Members

Well... similarity (or lack thereof) to Marcy Walker aside, I'm not sure Ehlers would have been nearly compelling a Liza as Luner has been, so far. She's interesting to watch. She may have a very different approach, but she certainly isn't "butchering" the character - as some "bad" recasts have done. She also has some great rapport with Liza's contemporaries. I believe her relationship with Tad, and it took her all of a couple of scenes to sell me on it. So I give her credit. (And this is coming from someone who DESPISED Luner on Profiler.)

I think Ehlers would have made a great "reinvention" of Dixie's sister, Melanie... Her storyline relationships could have largely been played the way it has... but instead she would have been tied to a core family / legacy character. Ehlers is having to overcome her character's isolation and lack of canvas connection, and that's a tough feat. I wish Pratt would figure out a slick way to tie her in better, because I really do like Ehlers. As it stands, her character is just sort of lost in the mix there.

Archived