Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

And when so obviously they don't know how to write a single good storyline for this family. But what can you do with a boring character like Neil, a baaaaaad "actress" like Eva Marcille, and a demented kid like Devon? I don't even want to go in the vortex of suck that is Lily.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, Jana can't go. Emily O'brien is easily the sexiest younger female on the show, and also the talented. Brain tumor aside, I think she would be better if they put her in Billy/Chloe orbit, rather than with her chipmunk husband, floozy designer, and gay artiste.

• Members

You will be very surprised at some inside intel I got about the vets on the show - EB, JC and PB all asked the show what they need to keep Y&R afloat. The cancellation of GL really got under everyone's skin. it's not going to be nuke bomb everyone is expecting. In fact many people voluntarily took 25% pay cuts. Some people reluctantly went to recurring or dropped their ep guarantees. The JW situation happened before all this went down. The big hitters though were asked to take a steeper cut and MTS just happened to be the first to get the new contract - not counting JW.

• Members

How do you mean "to get the new contract"?

Why are you bringing that up? We were fine not thinking or talking about her. You just know that whenever she's mentioned, she'll pop up from her movie time-off. I don't want her around for another whole month if possible.

But yeah, the storyline is doing wonders for the show. :lol:

• Members

Like Brad, Jana's backstory is so ruined. Her father was a Nazi art smuggler- they don't want to reference that. Unfortunately, the character's history is so poorly crafted that i don't know how she can survive. I really hate LML for what she did to Brad and Jana. All for the sake of Carmen Mesta....

• Members

So, this Tyra/Devon borderline incest mess can be added to my list of flaws of this writing regime now.

-Can't write corporate storylines.

-Can't write for the minority characters (OK, the Winters).

-Can't write strong female characters.

-Can't properly develop and write for new characters.

-Is a big fan of disgusting plot points that turn many off and are seen as offensive.

-Has potentially caused a core character (Adam) to be irredeemable and has written him into a tricky corner.

-Can't write romance stories.

-The 20's set is given horrible stories, like this art storyline.

-Doesn't write for almost half of the canvas, yet always writes for favourite characters repeatedly.

Feel freed to add more to the list, but more and more, I'm definitely fed up with Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner's vision for this show.

Archived