Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was odd because about ten years after she was done with AW, SOD had a feature on actresses who are speaking out about anti-abortion laws. Wesley Ann was there, and was described as being "a friend" of one of the actresses...no mention of her AW run at all! It's like they blocked it out.

I do think Carmen would have been fine as a socialite, Donna type, but then that would have undercut the powerful return story where she "saved" Mac's company.

• Members

You have the timeline all wrong. Lemay returned for all of 2 months- from September '88 to November '88. Then the writers' strike happened and Donna Swajeski took over. Lemay never came back. The 25th Anniversary didn't occur until May of 1989- Lemay was LONG gone by then and there's no way he drafted stories 8 months in advance during his 2 month stint. Swajeski is 100% responsible for those episodes.

• Members

Actually, the writers' strike happened earlier in 1988 before Lemay returned as head writer in September. It is widely known that Swajeski served as head writer during the strike and she eventually replaced Lemay in November. And it is very possible that the stories that were happening in spring 1989 were Lemay's ideas since head writers then often wrote one- or two-year bibles for their soaps.

• Members

Very possible since back then, writers did draft one to two year bibles for approval ahead of time. I do think that stories that happened circa 1990-1992 were more likely Swajeski stories... I know that Jenna/Dean was her idea based on interviews back then where she stated that.. and I bet Lorna/Felicia being mother/daughter was her idea as well...

• Members

Actually, if memory serves me well, and I may be wrong, Sheri Anderson was briefly head writer in early 1988 after Margaret DePriest was axed. Anderson lasted just a few months and it was then that Lemay was hired as head writer. But then the writers' strike hit and Swajeski wrote AW during the strike. Lemay returned as head writer after the strike but only lasted a few months when he was booted in favor of Swajeski. Actually, the following article, from January 1988, confirms Lemay was hired early in the year.

http://anotherworldboard.freepowerboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2147

On a side note, this article states that Thom Racina and Sheri Anderson were married. I never heard that before. Anyone know if that's true? Why, just the year before, Anderson and Joe Manetta, who were married, were head writing Guiding Light.

• Members

About a dozen or more clips of some sort of hostage/cabin drama in 1981 that I don't know very much about, starring the beautiful Richard Bekins.

On these men in bondage/women tied up fetish type channels, you will always find random soap stuff you can't find anywhere else. The hypnosis fetish channel is the first time I ever saw anything of Another Life.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Let me get this straight: Al Bundy and some chick whom I've never seen before kidnapped Jamie Frame, who they think is Sandy Alexander, for "a mere $100,000." That's small potatoes even in 1981 dollars!

On the bright side, Paul Rauch produced ANOTHER WORLD so lavishly back then, it's unfathomable to me how his style came to be so overblown on subsequent shows. Either he didn't have the same level of talent supporting him on OLTL, GUIDING LIGHT, etc., or he was overcompensating for poor writing.