Another World

• Members

But, we probably know that the GL song was a previously released, commercially successful popular song. Yes, I do have it on CD, along with another CD by the same artist. Not a surprise that I disagree with your characterization of it. 

And, we couldn't be more different here either.

You are my way to another world sigh, oh, wow, what a good feeling You are the one who lets me fly so high Baby with you we fly so so high You are the rain when my spirits run dry happy memories of walking in the rain You give my life a hope that's real Having been burned before I know our love is authentic 'Cause when I'm with you You take away to another world A magical, wonderful, awesome, amazing world that together we make

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have never found the lyrics interesting or inspiring, but I will quibble with you here and point out that there is no parade to spoil here -- her spirits are utterly parched and rain is absolutely necessary.  It is vital to stay hydrated! 

• Members

Some more ratings. These are Jason47's more recent contributions in one of the ratings threads, here, SON. 

Rank. Show. Rating/Share Markets Possible/Actual

3-5-79 to 3-9-79

3-GL 8.7/29 share 187/98

3-AMC 8.7/32 share 

5-OLTL 8.5/30 share 194/99

8-AW 7.4/24 share 204/99

3-12-79 to 3-19-79 

8-AW 7.4/25 share 202/99

3-26-79 to 3-30-79 to 4-2-79

7-AW 6.7/23 share 205/99

7-AW 7.1/24 share 204/99

4-9-79 to 4-13-79 

9-AW 6.8/23 share 205/99

4-16-79 to 4-20-79

8-AW 6.5/24 share 205/99

4-23-79 to 4-27-79

8-AW 6.6/24 share 204/99

[more to come]

• Members

I thought it was pretty good too.

I didn’t like or believe that Rachel would actually leave Mac for Mitch, especially after everything they had been through the year before, but I enjoyed everything else.

That year just seemed to fall apart after the hostage crisis, which I think was around the time Corinne Jacker came in. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Also remember to. Breathe in breathe out

Because, Here’s where you go when it looks like the rain won’t end, don’t cry

And yet, Do you think we might wake up some day? And be aware of all the games people play.

• Members

LOL!!

"This 'Medical Minute' has been brought to you by your good friends at Procter & Gamble, who remind you to join us tomorrow and every weekday for the continuing story of 'ANOTHER WORLD'."

• Members

I feel like I have seen a couple of scenes with Mitch and Rachel together where they seem very hip and artistic and compatible that would make the relationship make sense if it had not been for the Janice storyline that went before. I went looking through the AWHP synopses to see if I could pinpoint dates in order to look for youtube videos for examples, and I was brought up short by several references to "Ma Davis' cabin" where amnesiac Mitch is supposed to be recuperating. It is not clear to me how far away Mitch is supposed to be (Rachel has a map and winds up borrowing a jeep? There is a mention of Red River?) but is Ma Davis supposed to have something to do with Rachel or is it a bizarre coincidence?

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/aw1981d.html

• Members
Posted (edited)

@AbcNbc247 That is the funniest promo ever!

It feels like an SNL-Stefon sketch, "Bay City's hottest club had got everything, boxers on roller skates, politicians dancing with no rhythm, and a dude in a shirtless hoodie staring directly into your soul..."

Edited by j swift