Another World Returns--Online

• Members

Another World Returns

by Michael Logan

It’s been 10 years since Another World went off the air, but now, thanks to a cool new Web site, the beloved soap is back from the dead. TeleNext Media, producer of Guiding Light and As the World Turns, is about to launch anotherworldtoday.com, a site that fills us in on what’s happened in Bay City since 1999, including which lovebirds are still together (Carl and Rachel, Cass and Lila) and which are kaput (Amanda and Cameron).

Chapter 1 kicks off May 4 (the 45th anniversary of AW’s debut) with Grant Harrison, who was presumed dead at the end of AW’s run, returning to town to reclaim his son, Kirkland. Meanwhile, a mystery is unfolding: Flamboyant Felicia Gallant has gone off to New York to visit Dean and Jenna, and all three have somehow vanished. Each weekly installment is interactive, with fans getting the opportunity to vote on the future direction of plots.

TeleNext’s creative content producer Alina Adams was encouraged to start the blog due to the surprising success of the AW replays on hulu.com. “People still have warm, nostalgic feelings for the show,” Adams says. “AW ushered a lot of fans into the world of daytime drama. It was their gateway drug. They miss it and they want more.”

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I read that "episode".

Can someone tell me, in objective terms (not relying on what Adams has done in the past, but relying on her AW episode) what she has done wrong? I found the opening salvo of AW2009 to be interesting enough that I will return for the next chapter--and I have never before made time for any fan fic.

Archived