B&B: Week of April 27, 2009

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already b*tched about that when the news broke. And will again when Bill. Jr. insta-arrives and is insta-thrown in a love traingle which if the rumored one happens will fail me by a mile.

Right now I relive the glory of Joanna Johnson, great ladies acting - once a B&B trademark - and good old days.

So what is the will about: I only know that both CLARKE (Brad actually remembers his history?) and DONNA are involved. Can't wait to see this episode and should get great - and campy.

• Members

Honestly, I don't know why they bothered with the reading of Bill's will. I guess it was supposed to be amusing, but it fell flat.

The real laugh of the day was Taylor declaring that she wasn't going to chase after Ridge because he was married. Yeah...right.

And am I supposed to know what CuckooPam is all cuckoo over?

• Members

I almost get the sense that this came together in a 2-day sitch. "We can get Joanna on Friday--but ONLY on Friday." So, this was hastily penned and shoehorned in. I mean, otherwise why not mention Bill for the last few weeks...have Stephanie express some worries, etc.

And so many potentially important people were missing from the will reading. Honestly, Clark is recurring and I'll bet Gareis just had a guaranteed episode to use up -- plus the "empty vessel" criticism was there for Stephanie to lap up like a spoon.

It felt slapdash. I was happy to see Joanna, but I always have a hard time putting the rest of my brain in "park"...even on a day like today, when I'm drugged to the gills and I can't breathe through my nose :)

• Members

^^^and another thing that ticked me off--Karen asks about Ridge, but not Thorne. As if we don't have enough people in LA focused on Ridge's love life, now even the visitors have to inquire about it.

• Members

Brooke and Ridge are NOT married! Had to get that out again since the show seems to forget

What was Bill's history with Stephanie? Were they an item or something?

Can someone explain to me how Karen fits into this family? Was she some long lost sister of Caroline or was she raised with her?

• Members

I seem to think you are right, but didn't they say they would run to city hall or something and legalize it?

Friends and co-manipulators...never romantic. Stephanie wanted Bill's daughter, Caroline, to be Ridge's wife. Over the years, when Ridge was a playboy or when he was involved with Brooke, Bill really hated Ridge. In addition, Bill had his own dramas (running a nudie magazine that Donna got "tricked" into posing for; romantic triangle with Margo and Clark).

Years after Caroline died, "Faith", a brunette country-style waitress in a diner was discovered (I want to say by Taylor's ex, Blake Hayes...but I can't remember). Anyway, she came to town, and it was revealed that when Caroline was a baby, her twin was abducted.

They tried to keep Karen "country-fied", but then when that wasn't really working, they quickly dyed her hair blonde again, she lost the country accent. The lady we saw yesterday was basically "Caroline", except in name.

We have NEVER heard of this Bill Jr. before. He is completely a retcon.

• Members

Sigh...as stupid as I think Brooke is continuing to defend Rick, is it any wonder why she feels guilty about his problems??? She's had both Stephanie and TAYLOR THE PSYCHIATRIST in her face for 25 friggin' years telling her his problems were completely, entirely, unarguably her fault. Not to mention her troubles with Bridget.

Forget that both Steph and Taylor had agendas in blaming his upbringing on her and not Eric or Ridge, since they'd defend their men at the time to the teeth.

Who, exactly does Taylor blame for Thomas' sudden whack-job personality?

I really don't understand---I thought the marriage on the beach wasn't legal in the first place. What's the crap with the marriage license? Oh....nevermind, Pammy kind of explained it. But, shouldn't they have mentioned some trip for a civil ceremony? Or did I skip that week?

Archived