Y&R/ Maria Bell losing their way?

• Members

I'd try to recast Lily, Cane and Colleen... they are salvageable.

I have no problem with the actor that plays Noah, but the character is so annoying I could scream.

As for Tyra and Ana.... there's just nothing to say. When I look back at Nia's amazing delivery on Monday, I'm at loss of words knowing what we're stuck with now.

And as for Eden... ugh.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sylph, I can't possibly ridicule you in front of everyone if your points are valid and well-delivered. I'm completely serious. I want to hear what you have to say. I want you to follow through on what you always talk about and mount a defense of your opinions, as opposed to an assault on others. That's what a writer, or a theorist needs: Follow through and the intellectual strength to defend their words and thoughts. Prove to me there's more to you than adolescent rhetoric and absent nihilism! I want to believe you're not vapid like the rest of the board. You always talk about how daytime needs deeper thinkers, new blood, better intellect - here's your chance to be a shining example of that deeper thought, by defending your thesis and explaining to me what you are here for, if it's not to belittle people. If I'm wrong about you, then what do you want here?

• Members

And MTS, for someone to Google Schrödinger's cat or Verschränkung, he still has to know what the hell that is. Because in a blink of an eye one can prove whether I'm faking my knowledge or what. Go talk to Ruckston how annoying this "martinet" Sylph is. You two will have fun, I'm sure.

• Members
dmarex I actually love this current Noah/Kevin Schmidt. When I remember Hunter Allan and the insipid dialogue that LML used to give him, it makes me appreciate the Schmidt even more. I also don't mind Eden, but I wish they wouldn't do the whole tortured souls angle again.

• Members

I know, right? I couldn't believe what I saw! Watching her give it to Kristoff's Neil with proverbial both barrels, I was literally going, "Who is this woman, and where has she been hiding?!". Whoever wrote the dialogue last Monday, my hat's off to you, b/c you finally gave NP some good material to play, and she rose to the challenge. It's just wrong nobody ever thought to do that for her before.

• Members

But here's another problem: I don't think it does anymore. I don't think it ever needed that. I was obviously in fantasy-land. TV is commerce, it's capitalism, no deep thinking, new blood, intellect or whatever can "save" it or improve it or whatever. Perhaps, at the end of the day, a successful show is, after all, just a serendipity. And no amount of theory, volumes & tons of it, can provide you with a solution on how to fix daytime or any other part of today's TV landscape. If it needs saving after all.

• Administrator

I think I am a polygamist because I want to.....

Marry this post.

Marry this post.

Mark, I was going to do the same thing today! I was gonna go through this past week's Y&R discussion thread and copy/paste some negative comments from posters to show that people CAN be negative about Y&R. It amazes me how some think they can't say anything bad - that's where the self-pity comes into play.

Marry this post.

Marry this post.

Major word! Where's the censorship? All this moral outrage is totally false.

Marry this post.

Vee, you won't get a legitimate answer. I've questioned Sylph numerous times and never got any replies. I even challenged him to join me and others and a true discussion about on-goings of Y&R (or any other soap) in the weekly thread, but of course he doesn't show up. Also notice how he never actually goes into detail about a soap, it's just general comments. I wonder why?

:lol:

• Members

Teresa Zimmerman wrote the script; it was Casiello's first breakdown.

Everything she said was true! And when she slapped him while sobbing..... And now we're stuck with THAT? Really? Why oh WHY? We don't care if Eva is a model! (this was kinda directed to the writers, just so that I'm not misunderstood...)

• Members

My bad. I agree, minus Eden to an extent. I think it's more the actress, or the fact that her character is Fisherized.

She slayed Kristoff. She handed him his ASS, and I hope he actually came prepared that day on set. Like I said, best performance thus far this year in daytime (and unfortunately it will go unnoticed).

Archived