Y&R/ Maria Bell losing their way?

• Members

I guess I had that coming, eh, lol?

All I'm saying is, these writers need to start paying attention to what's happening on-screen. Writing Tyra as some kind of traditional soap heroine is just wrong, when it's clear "Eva the Diva" isn't capable of eliciting that kind of empathy.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just playing with ya. :P

And yes. You know ITA with you about the mess they made with Tyra, Karen and Neil. Tyra is not the heroine they wish her to be. She could be, however, the villainous vixen striking an attitude. I actually think this would bring Eva Marcille a boatload of new fans.

• Members

In a way, this reminds me of another Eva (Longoria) whose Y&R character (Isabella) I didn't think was all that until she went all out to get her man. The difference? Even if Drucilla were still around, she'd put up more of a fight than Cricket; and now, thanks to Karen, there's absolutely no one (save for Olivia, if/when she ever sees Tyra's true colors) who could thwart Tyra at every turn.

• Members

I'm liking your idea of Tyra as a villainess very much.

Honestly, if that did happen, you KNOW, you JUST KNOW who the "heroine" would be. I don't even have to type her name. The "new Cricket", as she is sometimes called. She'd rescue daddy from the evil Tyra, probably by having her new pooch bite her face off or something.

(And then, if LML came back, we could have a social issue storyline on face transplants).

• Members

Actually, Cane would have to rescue her, as well as Devon and Ana, at Indigo, where Tyra has become completely unhinged, holding the three at gunpoint. However, Cane would die "taking some lead" for his woman; and not only would Lily lose her "truelove," but Mac would lose her "babydaddy" (the result of an unfortunate one-night-stand) as well.

• Members

:D Last year, Khan had another great Y&R idea that involved Sabrina, David and Cane all working for Adam. And his big finale in that one involved every villain holding every hero at gunpoint.

Nothing wrong with it - I really liked it back then too!

• Members

Damn, I totally forgot about that fanwank! Thank you, Brian, for bringing it up, lol!

Well, she could hold two guns, but that looks too John Woo-esque, IMO.

BTW, if I were HW, I wouldn't be stupid enough to use the same climax twice. (I hope you read that last part, too, Mr. Guza.)

• Members

More to the point, Brian, it would have set up a huge complication for Billy and Chloe's marriage. Billy, devastated by the loss of a half-brother he barely knew, would feel a crushing sense of responsibility toward Mac and her and Cane's child-to-be; and Chloe, feeling Billy is spending more and more time with his ex-girlfriend and nephew-or-niece-to-be at the expense of his own family, would begin to feel more than a little bit jealous.

• Members

hahaha.

we all would.

And i really dont think that would be so bad. Id love it if we could get some stories that are not all about couples. (I am not saying Y&R is couple based at all, i just like any story not all about a couple. and Lily trying to exposes this witch to her father would be good, IMHO)

• Members

I still love the show. Not everything is perfect (story pacing for one), but other than that, I think it's enjoyable. There are times where I think the writers aren't hitting every note with a story (the Winters, Noah/Eden), but for the most part, I like it.

It's not perfect. Nothing ever really is, is it? I remember when Nancy Curlee was writing GL, she was criticized for a few things. Same with the much-revered Doug Marland ATWT - not every story was a winner when he was at the helm, was it? Before I get blasted in comparing MAB to Curlee or Marland I want to make it clear that I am not. I'm just saying that even the most loved writers sometimes had a dud.

That's my two cents.

Archived