Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a huge Nick supporter -- thanks, honestly, to LML where I really liked what he became with Phyllis -- he is so down on my list I can't believe it.

Total *sshole!

Thus, I would love it if both Sharon and Phyllis shut him out. I'd like to see him alone, contrite, and going back to making decisions with integrity. Honestly, I think for him Phyllis is his "Ashley", and Sharon is his "Nikki". So, he can't help from meddling in Sharon's business, even when they are estranged.

I wonder if they will ever deal with the fact that the way Nick treats his women comes from the example his father has shown him. Nick is more like Nikki than Victor, but when it comes to his relationship skills with women....

Well, for me, this has been a revelation. You're right...escaping her humble roots was what caused Jill to work for Mrs. Chancellor, fall in love with Phillip, fight for his estate, pursue Derek (esp. after he got rich), marry and get pregnant by John. The way she screwed him that first divorce.... Being Kay's daughter totally fell into her idealized self.

Jill has been economically secure for so long, I totally forgot about that "low class terrified beast" beating within her. It has been wonderful to see this story awaken all of that in her again.

• Members

I don't presume to know what everyone is thinking! ;) I'm not going to get into another argument about TS and if there are fans that like her, fine (I'm glad they can enjoy the character)! That said, I understand how and why they are writing Colleen, no explanation needed there (they are obviously trying to cater to TS strengths). The point I was trying to make was, Colleen is 'picking' on Chloe by being bitchy to her therefore gaining sympathy from some (just as she did when AL played her and she went off on Victoria). Also, with the writers showing the audience that Billy indeed doesn't want to marry Chloe and is whoring around on her is another way she is gaining sympathy (redemption). Why on earth she would want to marry someone who she knows doesn't love her is beyond me.

MTS looked fabulous in that pink suit; glowing actually! I loved Chloe's dress (yes EH looked fab!) a far cry better than her rehearsal dress, which the stand in Maid of Honor must have been inspired from (another hideous dress).

I realize the theme of the wedding was the 40's but I hated the music!

I actually enjoyed the Nick/Sharon scenes, very tender.

Billy's look on his face when Mac walked in... priceless!

I loved the nod to Jill's background in comparison to Murphy; sweet!

I really enjoyed this episode and Beau Kazer being there made it all complete; how I've missed him.

• Members

Queenie over at usenet says Esther should be Kay's daughter.

How I'd love that. Much better than Gloria! And I love even more that it would make Chloe (Katherine-the-second) a Chancellor!

With her biggest wish fulfilled, it might fill the hole in Chloe's soul. She could then move forward being a little less desperate. First move: Kick that manwhore Billy to the curb!

• Members

Jill would self-implode if Esther was Mrs. C.'s daughter. I wonder how they're going to handle the legal ramifications of Kay's non-death and the house being divided by Esther and Jill. Obviously it's all void as she isn't really dead, but it seems a little weird to be like *zoink* gimme back my money and Esther get back into your uniform. I'm pretty sure that they'll spare Esther that and she'll never have to be Kay's maid again. I sure hope so at least, I don't want some sappy, "Mrs. C., it would be my pleasure to serve you until you die for realz" crap.

I agree not to rush it, but I would like to see JC play out the story of finding her daughter. I'd like to see Jill find her natural mother too. We got all wrapped up in recasting Jill last week, I'd be interested to see what the show comes up with in terms of casting those two parts. And poor Jill, maybe her biological mother's passed on by this point. The ages don't match up, but it would be crazy if she was the result of one of Dina's flings.

At any rate, I really enjoyed today's ep, I thought to myself, Why don't I watch this show more often? These things don't matter to everybody, but I can't deny that I am very drawn in by the look of the show, it is beautiful.

• Members

She has Chloe around now, she she can just live in the house without being a real maid. She can still take care of stuff.

But that means she would be Jack's half sister, and they had an affair. Ew.

• Members

I agree. As you've stated several times in the last few weeks, this should be only about Katherine and Jill! Jill first and foremost needs a new man to help her through this ;)

Where's Larry these days? :)

• Members

He could give some much-needed lovin' to Jill.

Last we saw him he was taking Sharon on a motorcycle ride after Cassie's accident. I believe we got no indication about where he is.

• Members

Exactly. Just like she and Brock made out back in the day. Again, the ages don't match up, it won't happen... just a zany soapy thought.

Yes these two ladies have had a helluva lot of drama recently, but after a breather, I don't believe that they'll just drop any and all inclinations to seek out their natural mother and daughter.

Archived